Pierre De Coubertin playground, located adjacent to the Newington Marketplace, has just a had a nice little upgrade and is now a really fun and functional playground.
The playground ticks quite a few boxes that we parents will appreciate. Let’s discuss!
- As mentioned, it’s near the marketplace meaning you can grab a coffee or lunch before or after your park play. Not only that, you could even smash out some chores such as a Woolies shop, pharmacy visit etc
- The playground has toilets, shade sails and soft fall ground. Tick, tick, tick.
- For those with Pets, there is a fenced off-leash dog park located nearby.
- There’s plenty of grass to run around on, as well as a number of shaded picnic tables.
- Let’s face it, the name of the playground is pretty cool as well 🙂
In terms of features, the playground has
- built-in trampolines
- a race track, paying homage to Sydney Olympic Park (nice one City of Parramatta ;p)
- a spinning roundabout
- 2 slides
Pierre De Coubertin Park is located on Newington Boulevard in Newington. The best parking is along Ave of Oceania, or you could park in the Marketplace carpark if you plan to shop or dine before/after.
Age Range: 1 – 8
Coffee close by – 1 (1-minute walk to Newington Marketplace)
Shade Sail – 1
Bike/scooter track – 0
Noteworthy feature/s – 1 (race track!)
Can host a party (bbq, tables, toilets) – 1/2
Gated / safe – 0 (partial fence along the roadside)
TOTAL: 3.5 / 6