- Administration Assistant
- Crows Nest Day Hospital
- Level 1, 22 Clarke Street, Crows Nest NSW 2065
- Full time 38 hours per week
- $55000 to $60000 Plus Super
Crows Nest Day Surgery is currently seeking an Administration Assistant with a strong customer focus to assist the Administration Manager and Director of Nursing with the day to day running of a busy but small day hospital. Crows Nest Day Hospital is a purpose-built day surgery with the latest technology and modern facilities, including two operating theatres dedicated to day procedures. Crows Nest Day cater for adult patients and children over 12 months and provide outstanding quality of care and patient comfort for patients who require Plastic, Cosmetic, Ophthalmic, Dental and IVF.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Patient eligibility checks with associated health fund using SIMDAY to determine patient cover and applicable gap fees.
- Patient admission and discharge including all associated documentation.
- Written and verbal communication with patients regarding all aspects of their surgery booking.
- Written and verbal communication with health funds in relation to schedule of rates and payment of hospital claims.
- Maintaining and updating patient data and bookings utilising SimDay
- Regular analysis of debtors report and associated follow up with health fund and/or patient.
- Communication and coordination of theatre list with Surgeon’s rooms.
- Handling of all banking including EFTPOS and credit card transactions and maintenance of banking records.
- Ordering and monitoring of stationary supplies including brochures, business cards, letterhead and admission forms.
- General office maintenance.
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in a Hospital or Day Surgery Administration/ Reception role
- Demonstrated ability to use SIMDAY or a similar patient management system
- Well developed organisational skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to complete set tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication style
- Proficiency in Word/Excel and Outlook
- Clinical coding an advantage
- Patient billing
Job benefits and perks
- Daily lunch provided
- Onsite parking
- Cohesive team environment
To apply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Midson Road Child Care Centre is looking for the next amazing trainee to join our team.
A Traineeship is a fantastic way to start your Career in Early Childhood Education at an entry level position while receiving on the job experience and gaining a qualification (Certificate III in Early Childhood Care and Education).
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a genuine interest in working with children aged 0-5 years of age and a love of children and enthusiasm to provide exceptional care for children.
- Is an energetic, vibrant person who is committed and willing to work and learn, as ongoing training is provided in First Aid & Best Practice in procedures and programming.
- Is an enthusiastic, motivated team player who is creative, reliable and honest.
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- A desire to be part of an evolving and dynamic environment.
- An ability to work in a team and report to our Director.
Applicants must be:
- Available full time and 5 days per week (Monday – Friday) between 7am and 6pm
- Must have a current Working with Children Check – https://www.service.nsw.gov.au/transaction/apply-working-children-check
We look forward to receiving your application via email – email@example.com
Would suit a school leaver or someone looking for a career change, as long as you have a passion for children this is the job for you.
Position: Administration and Reception Coordinator
Award: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award (SCHADS)
Classification: Social & Community Services Employee Permanent part-time role Wednesday to Friday
Responsible for: Being the first point of contact for all phone calls, clients, suppliers and general community presenting to the service and for the provision of seamless day-to-day administration and reception operations of a busy community service.
Reports to: Executive Officer
Reports: No Direct Reports. Note: this is a job share role with the incumbent working Mon-Wed
Key Internal Relationships:
- Executive Officer
- The Management Committee
- Programs Manager (Homelessness and Family Support Services)
- Family Support Workers and Case Workers
- Collocated partner organisations
- Other community services, stakeholders and Community
Base Location: West Ryde
- To provide excellent customer services to our clients/service visitor base in line with our Code of Conduct.
- To manage the day-to-day housekeeping of the office and assist staff members as directed, in areas of administration including office, asset and procurement stewardship and maintenance.
- To support the Executive Officer with general duties as directed.
- To promote a collaborative team environment.
- To deliver adhoc tasks within deadlines and timeframes as directed
- To ensure accurate data entry, filing and information management including database.
- To follow, utilise and promote the organisational policies, procedures to the staff and volunteers of the organisation.
- To organise and be the Minute taker for the Ryde Hunters Hill Domestic and Family Violence Committee meeting
The Northern Centre (TNC) is a public benevolent institution, an incorporated entity, and is a registered charity. We are governed by a Constitution through an elected voluntary Board and an Executive Officer manages its operations. The organisation provides a range of placed based services to the communities in Northern Sydney, principally in the areas of family support for children and young people and homelessness early intervention services.
Reception is the first point of contact for the public, clients and other services to all programs and services operated by TNC. The reception area of the organisation welcomes people as they attend the service in person, either over the phone or via other channels ie: online enquiries. This person will also ensure the day-to-day maintenance of the office by completing tasks such as, but not limited to, assisting staff members, general housekeeping, office management and adhoc administration duties.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
1. RECEPTION DUTIES
- Take counter and phone enquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Greet clients and visitors to the office.
- Manage client lists for various activities and programs, as directed.
- Scheduling clients into appointments for programs, as directed.
- Setting up rooms and catering for meetings and programs, as directed.
2. OFFICE ADMINISTRATION
- Collating invoices and financial information including but not limited to the checking and confirming information as requested by the EO
- Preparing documentation as required including correspondence, reports, meeting minutes, data reports etc. while providing administrative support to management.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining new systems, such as record management, mailing lists, and soft filling systems as examples.
- Collecting, opening, recording and distributing incoming mail; and posting of outgoing mail.
- Organise, attend team meetings, and provide secretarial support.
- Maintain petty cash systems and assist with banking.
- Managing the office environment including auditing, ordering and replenishing office supplies and amenities, and managing stock and office equipment and cost controls.
- Maintaining the condition of the office and arranging for necessary repairs, manage the relationships of external contractors.
- Assist with organising special functions e.g. Annual General Meeting, Board Meetings as examples.
- Manage the organisations complex diary and room booking system across multiple rooms.
- Maintain records and usage of the organisations equipment ie: laptops, motor vehicle, marketing collaterals as examples.
- Maintain the organisations monthly registers including the Duress Alarms, IT, WHS, Incident Reporting as examples.
- Undertake any other duties, including general administration duties as required by the Executive Officer.
- Assisting staff with ad-hoc tasks.
- General housekeeping of the office.
3. WORKPLACE HEALTH AND SAFETY
- Take all reasonable and practical steps to ensure the safety, health and welfare of all employees, contractors and visitors in consultation with other staff and in accordance with relevant legislation and TNC Policy and Procedures.
- Intervene wherever unsafe work practices are observed and report WHS promptly.
- Ensure accident/injury reports are completed in the event of a workplace accident.
- Ensure hazard report forms are completed and forwarded to the WHS Officer for action.
- Promote a positive workplace culture that is free of bullying, harassment and discrimination.
4. PROFESSIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Display a commitment and adherence to the TNC Code of Conduct and model these behaviours to clients, the public and within the culture of the team.
- Display a commitment to own professional development, and participate in supervision, staff development and learning opportunities and meetings as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the client group particularly in ensuring the care and protection of children and young people and act in accordance to legislative requirements of a mandatory reporter.
- Uphold the reputation of TNC at all times by modelling professionalism consistent with organisation values and vision.
- Acts with non-judgmental, sensitivity and understanding towards others, and acknowledge and respect differences in personal beliefs and values.
- Follow the TNC policies and procedures.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients, staff and volunteers.
- Relevant qualifications in Office Administration, Community Welfare, and/or Human Services or demonstrated experience commensurate with the role.
- Intermediate/Advanced skills in the use Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint).
- Experience or aptitude in maintaining and updating websites and social media.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise empathy, discretion and sensitivity when communicating with clients and staff.
- Demonstrated understanding of a range of issues facing vulnerable families, youth and individuals including but not limited to domestic violence, homelessness, mental health, family breakdown, drugs and alcohol and parenting stress.
- Excellent IT skills including the ability to troubleshoot general issues.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound organisational and time management skills.
- High level of organisational and coordination skills.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to prioritise and be hands-on in all aspects of your role.
- Previous experience working in professional client service or similar role.
- Understanding of WHS.
- Current driver’s license.
- More advanced skills and/or experience in developing or managing websites and social media.
- Experience using other software programs such as Photoshop or similar.
- Experience in graphic design, publications and/or marketing.
Applicants should send their resume with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications that do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
The successful applicant will be subject to a Criminal Record and Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
JOB TITLE: Crafting Assistant (Vinyl Decal Weeder) – Work from home in your own time
TYPE OF EMPLOYMENT: Casual, ongoing basis
HOURS: Varies depending on live projects
This is a unique opportunity for someone looking for extremely flexible and creative, hands-on work, that can be completed within the comforts of your own home and in your own time.
Delight in me Designs specialises in personalised boutique wedding signage, favours and keepsakes. The most immediate assistance required is for the creation of vinyl decals. You will be provided with the training and tools as necessary, as well as the actual name / words cut out of adhesive vinyl, for you to then ‘weed’ (remove the negative of the adhesive vinyl).
Given the flexible nature of the work, that ebbs and flows depending on when there is a wedding order to be completed, this position would be ideal for a senior high school, or tertiary student, as well as an adult / parent, looking for additional side-income and creative outlet.
Skills and requirements
- Previous experience with die-cutting machines (including Cricut) and weeding is a bonus, but not a requirement
- You enjoy being crafty
- You’re patient, diligent and have great attention to detail
- You are reliable and responsible
- You have an eagerness to learn and a willingness to help
- You are friendly, committed, passionate and interested in working as part of a local and growing business
- You must be local to the Ryde area and able to collect the cut-out adhesive sheets (from Ryde), to then be completed at your own home, in your own time.
- You will need your own ABN.
As you prove to have a passion and interest in this creative work, there will be additional opportunities down the track, to assist with further creative and hands-on product creation. This may include but isn’t limited to producing cake toppers, wedding signage and favours / Bomboniere.
To apply for the position, please:
- Email Claudia at email@example.com
- Include “I would love to work with you!” in the Subject Line
- Within the email:
- Tell me what it is about this job description that appeals to you
- Include detail about why you think you’d be a good candidate and any existing experience you may have that’s relevant
- Let me know what suburb you live in.
Hunters Hill Public School is seeking a Canteen Manager to oversee the operation of our school canteen.
The job requires an enthusiastic leader to plan, lead, organise, control and evaluate the day to day operations of the canteen.
Handover and support from our current Canteen Manager will be provided to the successful applicant.
The role is within school hours and would best suit a local community member.
Tuffy Auto Centre in Eastwood is a well-established family-owned mechanic business looking for a full-time, qualified motor mechanic to join their small and close-knit team.
About the role
Hours: 8am to 5pm
Days: Monday to Friday
Salary: $45,000 – A$60,000/year
They are located a short walk from Eastwood train station.
- Licensed motor mechanic
- Qualified to carry out light vehicle mechanical work
- Drive licence preferred
Tuffy’s is like a family and you must be able to work as part of a team but also be motivated to work alone.
It is a great environment, opportunity and wages for the right person.
To apply call David on 9868 1177.
- Family owned and operated since 1974.
- Family friendly, always going the extra mile for their customers and providing high quality care to their customer’s vehicles.
- Offer loan cars for their customers to use while their cars are being serviced
- Provide verified child car seat installations.
- Located on the corner of Blaxland Rd and Balaclava Rd Eastwood.
They are well respected with locals and many RDM’s sing their praises – including RDM owner Jess who has been a paying customer for over 5 years.
Body in Balance Physiotherapy is currently looking for a massage therapist to join our team in the clinic.
This position would be suitable for someone wanting to rent a space within a clinic area.
We currently have employees such as a dietitian and personal trainer.
Experience is required. Preferably a therapist with a private health provider number.
Send your qualifications and details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Casual role to start, with the option to convert to part-time.
- Preferred availability: 20-25 hours a week
Wise Emergency Clinic – 17 Khartoum Rd, Macquarie Park, NSW, Australia 2113
This role is an exciting opportunity to join a growing new model of care in Australia. This administrative role will facilitate quality, seamless care to patients presenting to WiSE, the first stand-alone Emergency Clinic based in the community.
We are looking for enthusiastic and compassionate individuals, with experience in a clinical setting.
You will be working closely with Patient Liaison Officers, Senior Registered Nurses, Radiographers, Sonographers, Senior Emergency Doctors (FACEMs), and Specialist Doctors in a supportive and stimulating environment.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
– Medical Data Entry, Checking, Reporting
– General office duties, emails, faxing, scanning, filing medical records etc.
– Managing patient enquiries, bookings and appointments
– Accepting and Handling patient payments, including Medicare and Private Health Fund Billings
– Providing administrative support to Doctors
Successful applicants must have:
– Minimum 1-2 years of experience working as a Medical Receptionist
– Strong computer literacy and accurate data entry skills
-Awareness of patient financial classifications (Medicare, Private Health Insurance)
-Strong organisational and time management skills, and the ability to apply problem-solving skills
– Flexibility to work across a number of shifts during the week
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service
– Experience with Clinic to Cloud practice management software, preferred
– Ability to work well in a team, and independently
Skills and experience:
– Demonstrated ability to work within the interdisciplinary team
– Demonstrated ability to work autonomously
– Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
– Demonstrated computer literacy with email and an electronic patient record system
– Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
– Demonstrated initiative and ability to prioritize and problem solve
– Demonstrated effective time management skills and ability to prioritise competing workloads within a complex environment.
Please email your expression of interest and resume to Aashraya Arora at email@example.com.
Louna Hair & Beauty is growing! We are looking for new talent!
If you have a very good braiding skills, you’re aged 14 years old minimum and would like to make some extra dollars during weekends and school holidays it’s time to join us.
– Casual work
– Flexible hours
– Different locations
– Good casual rate
– Learn more about braiding!
We will be happy for you to join our amazing, young, talented and super fun team 😊
Bonus if you can braid with extension 😊
It’s time to join Sydneys most popular braiding team!
send your application + photos to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 days per week – 12 MONTH CONTRACT
- Applications close 5.00pm Friday 19 March 2021
The Northern Centre is a dynamic and growing organisation that provides early intervention and prevention services to families and individuals specifically in the areas of family and parenting support and homelessness prevention/early intervention services. TNC provides support our community in the disciplines of casework, counselling, advice, referrals, advocacy and group work.
The Case Worker will work with the Homelessness Early Intervention team to provide services that support people who are at risk of homelessness; to remain safely in their existing accommodation or secure alternative accommodation.
Salary will be in accordance with SCHADS Award Level 4 and in accordance your skills, knowledge and experience. There is generous salary packaging as well as 6-weekly external team clinical supervision, training budget and EAP provision is available for this role. The TNC office is located in West Ryde.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or previous case management experience
- Demonstrated high levels of motivation and strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues that lead to homelessness and previous experienceor ability to navigate and facilitate affordable housing options in Sydney for clients
- Direct experience and demonstrated skill in working with clients facing a range of issues andsignificant experience working with at least three of the following client groups:
- People experiencing homelessness, or at imminent risk of homelessness
- Women leaving DFV
- Addictions, particularly alcohol, drug and gambling addiction or misuse
- People experiencing chronic and/or acute mental health
- At-risk and vulnerable young people / single men and single fathers / women and families
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Ability to work after hours on occasions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the importance of WHS Current driver’s license
- Experience working in a homelessness early intervention project
- Community Engagement experience in an outreach capacity
- Previous experience working in private real estate or for a social housing provider
Applicants should send their resume with a covering letter addressing the essential and desirable criteria to email@example.com
The successful applicant will be subject to a Criminal Record and Working with Children Check prior to commencement