by Tracey Lynch
Easy Chicken Casserole
This dish and variations of this dish are on high rotation in our slow cooker! There’s nothing more satisfying to this busy mum than being able to prep a nutritious and tasty meal in under 20 minutes!
This is my easy peasy chicken casserole, loved by all the family and an ailing neighbour or two!
- 2kg chicken breast – diced
- 300g streaky bacon – diced
- 500ml white wine
- 4 large onions – diced
- 8 stalks celery – diced
- 1kg carrots – diced
- 1 cup plain flour
- 4 tablespoons Vegeta Gourmet Stock
- 1 small tub tomato purée
- Salt Pepper
- Olive oil
- Fry bacon until golden.
- Coat chicken in plain flour, then fry in batches until brown all over.
- Add both to the slow cooker.
- Sauté onion, celery & carrots until just soft and add to the slow cooker.
- Deglaze pan with wine, tomato paste & Vegeta.
- Add to the slow cooker and set to low for 6 hours.
Once cooled separate into portion size containers and freeze.
This will keep frozen for around 3 months, though never lasts that long in our house!
The joy of having a meal like this tucked away in my freezer means I can have this healthy, hearty and guilt free dinner on the table around 10 minutes after walking through the door after work – way quicker than finding the take out menu!
To reheat, zap in the microwave or reheat gently on the stove. Serve with steamed rice & brocollini.