Welcome to the BRAND NEW ELS Hall Park! Opening late September 2018, Ryde Council has given a lot of thought to this upgrade and has included some lovely features which are sure to delight. Firstly, the playground has been designed with its natural surroundings in mind so that it really fits the landscape. More on that later.
Some other features we love:
- there is a great variety of play equipment with something to suit all ages
- it is very pram friendly with a path from both car parks
- it has BBQs, picnic tables, toilets – so great for a party
- there is an area for off-leash dogs + a water station with a dog bowl
- for the fit, ELS Hall Park is home to a massive synthetic sports field, an area with outdoor fitness equipment and a cycleway!
In terms of the playground, the layout features a few sections for different age groups. There is a shaded area for younger children that has a soft fall ground and equipment includes:
- Wooden structure with stairs, podium and small metal slide
- Rope climbing wall
- Swings (one with a high back seat and straps)
- Small water play area (a water pumps water through a stone path/area)
There’s plenty of fun to be had by the older and more adventurous kids too with:
- a flying fox
- 2 big slides (one open and one enclosed)
- a rope bridge between the 2 slides
- Acorn inspired seating areas/cubby houses
Acorn cubbies you say? Yes, these habitat cubbies are climbable sculptures inspired by local trees and the way kids interact with their environment.
ELS hall park has 2 dedicated car parks. There is a large car park outside the sports hall off Kent Road and there is another a carpark at the bottom of the cul-de-sac at Adelphi Road.
Age Range: 2-10
Coffee close by – 1 (inside sports hall by Kent Road car park)
Shade sails – 1 (some of the playground is covered by a shade sail and rest is shaded by mature trees)
Bike/scooter track – 1
Noteworthy feature/s – 1 – shiny and new with a great nature inspired layout plus lots of surrounding grass areas for picnics, ball playing, paths for bikes/scooters & lots more
Can host a party (bbq, tables, toilets) – 1 (lots of grass and seating areas plus toilets in the sports hall)
Gated/safe – 1 (safe – away from road/car parks)
TOTAL: 6 / 6
Check out more park spotlights here!