Running from 27 May – 18 June 2022, Vivid Sydney’s Wild Lights at Taronga Zoo is back and brighter than ever with an array of wild, inclusive and awe-inspiring installations.
After the animals have retired to their night quarters for the evening, the Vivid lights take centre stage! Kids will love this nighttime adventure as all their favourite zoo animals come to life in an amazing light display and will enjoy meeting a new mob of awe-inspiring sculptures!
Along the trail, kids will learn a fascinating tale about conservation – a world where wild species make a comeback, where the wild remains wild and one day the balance is restored.
What to Expect
We think Taronga Zoo is one of the most family-friendly options of all the Vivid Sydney events. Here’s why:
- Capped ticketing and session times means crowds will be slightly smaller and you will get to enjoy each display at a leisurely pace.
- A start time of 5:30pm improves your chances of getting the kids home before they turn into pumpkins.
- The Sky Safari ($4.95) is a favourite with the kids and gives a pretty view of the city skyline.
- The Zoo is very pram friendly, with plenty of ramps and wide open spaces.
- For guests entering after 4.30pm parking will be discounted to half price ($11).
- It’s a great opportunity for kids to learn about the importance of conservation.
- The displays are simply gorgeous and your kids will be very entertained!
- While there is a cost involved, every ticket purchased helps to support Taronga’s work in conservation and wildlife care.
- Lights for the Wild at Taronga Zoo operates Wednesday-Sunday as well as Public Holiday Monday 13 June.
- There are TWO sessions each night: 5:30pm & 7:30pm.
- COST: Adults –$26.95, Children –$19.95, kids under 4 are free. (Ticket price includes booking fee, transaction fee and GST).
- To view the Zoo from above and get a unique perspective of Wild Lights, enjoy a ride on the Sky Safari cable car. Tickets are $4.95 pp (spaces are limited, infants under 4 years of age go free).
- Note: tickets don’t include daytime entry to the Zoo.
- A number of food and beverage outlets are open for a light dinner or snack.
- Additional Vivid-only food and beverage pop-ups will also be open.
- These locations will be marked on the special Vivid Sydney at Taronga Zoo map.
- The walk will take approximately 1½ hours at a comfortable pace.
- If you are able to nab tickets for the Sky Safari, you may need a little longer.
- The circuit is pram friendly.
- The Zoo is 12 minutes from Circular Quay by ferry or a short bus trip from the city or North Sydney. Additional ferry services to Circular Quay and bus services to Spit Junction will be running from the zoo during Vivid.
- The car park is $11 for guests entering after 4.30pm.
- Vivid Sydney at Taronga Zoo will proceed rain or shine.
- Ponchos and umbrellas are available to purchase at the Zoo’s retail outlets.