Part 1 of a fabulous new development has opened in Lane Cove. It’s called “The Canopy” and includes:
- a playground
- casual and formal dining (opening late 2020)
- new Aldi and Coles
- green space
- a stage for events and entertainment
The playground has a section for both older and younger children where you’ll find vertical climbing nets, a fire pole, a sagging bridge, pommels, two levels of play decks, trampolines, slides, swings and more! Walk a bit further and discover a water fountain, public art, a stage, green space, green wall and the feature canopy entrance.
The Toilets are now open and include Council’s first Adult Change Facility. The parents’ room has feeding chairs, a fenced play area and it’s own toilet.
The precinct is a wonderful new addition to the Lane Cove community. Well done Lane Cove Council!
The Canopy has no shortage of parking, with 500 car parks inlcuded in the development.
To access The Canopy, you can:
- make use of the new pedestrian footbridge over Rosenthal Avenue
- the paved connection from the Plaza
- park in the underground car park