This brand new, all-abilities, inclusive playground has just opened in Lane Cove North and is definitely one to visit! With a budget of $4 million, Mindarie Park is not short on impressive features and facilities.
The playspace aligns with the Everyone Can Play in NSW guidelines to cater for all people, including disabled and able-bodied children and their Carers. The guidelines encourage best practice in inclusive play space design and provide opportunities for everyone to come together and play.
The kids will LOVE:
– the HUGE selection of swings
– boat-shaped see-saw
– music play area
– variety of slides
– ladders and climbing wall
– sandpit area
There’s plenty for the adults to love too:
– it’s fully fenced with 2 access gates
– there are toilets outside the playground (one with baby change facilities)
– the ground is soft fall (no bark!)
– it is pram friendly
– there’s plenty of seating
– it has shade sails and great tree shade
– there is a cabana outside playground with BBQ facilities
– easy street parking
But wait, there’s more! In phase 2 the below has been built:
- full size basketball court that can also be used for other sports such as soccer
- multi-use platform/stage (also perfect for seating)
- track for skateboards, scooters and bikes
- Wooden climbing area – a bit like a ninja warrior course (located down the bottom beside the basketball court)
- Over 65 year old exercise area
- IN PROGRESS – cafe/take away coffee! At the moment they have a pop up coffee van from 9am to 1pm!
You’ll find Mindarie Park on the corner of Kullah Parade and Mindarie Street, Lane Cove North (just off Mowbray Road).
Age range: 1– 12 years
Coffee close by: 1
Shade sails: 1
Bike/scooter track: 0
Noteworthy feature/s: 1- all inclusive, all abilities!
Can host a party (BBQ, tables, toilets): 1
Gated / safe: 1
TOTAL: 5 / 6
Check out more park spotlights here!