Everyone is invited to join in the fun and celebrate one of Sydney’s most popular community events – the Granny Smith Festival.
This year’s Granny Smith Festival will be celebrated a little differently this year, with the traditional one-day festival replaced with a large number of events that will take place throughout October.
Like every Granny Smith Festival, there will be something for everyone this year with most of the events taking place online.
The attractions at this year’s festival include:
- Drive-in Cinema: In partnership with Macquarie University, the City of Ryde will be hosting a drive-in cinema over two nights on the October Long weekend (Saturday 3 October and Sunday 4 October) Tickets are $15 per car & online bookings essential. Book now!
- Emma Wiggle Live Online: Emma will be performing LIVE on the Granny Smith Festival Facebook page on Saturday 17 October at 10am. There will also be a chance to win a meet & greet before the show, as well as Emma prize-packs up for grabs. More info here.
- Big Apple Talent Quest: Show off your talents at City of Ryde’s very first Big Apple Talent Quest. You will have the chance to win your share in over $2000 prizes in three categories:
- Open Talent.
Entries close Sunday 18 October. Solo and group acts can apply. Get the details here!
- Orchestra in the Park: The Ryde Hunters Hill Symphony Orchestra will stream a special live performance from the grounds of Brush Farm House on Saturday 24 October. More info here.
- Granny’s Marketplace: During the month of October, City of Ryde will be showcasing previous stallholders from the last three years online. Watch this space.
- Virtual Scavenger Hunt sponsored by Macquarie Community College: There will be two separate week-long competitions throughout October with $2,500 available in prizes to be won. Get the details here.
- Granny’s Virtual Kitchen: During the October school holidays kids will be able to take part in a live Zoom cooking class where they will learn new recipes that include cooking with the Granny Smith Apple. Bookings essential – book here.
- Plaza Art in Four Parts: Four weeks, four artists, four perspectives. From 8 October, in Eastwood Plaza, a new artist will create a visual artwork dedicated to the Granny Smith Festival. It will be a ‘work in progress’ allowing the community to watch as each new piece comes to life. Get the details here.
- Country Women’s Association (CWA) cooking video: Ever wanted to make the perfect apple crumble? Then lookout for the online video in which the CWA’s Margery East will show you how in simple, easy steps
Click here for more information on this year’s Granny Smith Festival, including the complete program of events taking place.