The new market will be a complementary market to Cambridge Markets highly successful Ryde Wharf Market, which takes place just across a stretch of the Parramatta River (on the second Sunday of each month).
The Wentworth Point market will be held every fourth Sunday of the month at Marina Square, Wentworth Place, Wentworth Point. It will launch with 80 stalls that will offer a mix of fresh foods, gourmet hot foods, flowers, produce, gifts and homewares stalls.
Cambridge Markets director Madelienne Anderson said “it’s a great time to launch a new outdoor market, with shoppers enjoying the boutique options offered by the high-quality, artisan and small retailers operating at markets. We are hugely excited to launch this new market,”.
Wentworth Point is a fantastic area of Sydney experiencing amazing growth and locals love shopping for genuine fresh food and boutique goods. The Market will be offering the sort of market-fresh produce that people are seeking, as well as providing a fun community atmosphere. Shoppers can come and get their groceries and while there stay for a coffee and cake or lunch, and get their bread, flowers and pick up some beautiful homewares or fashion items while there.
The Wentworth Point market will offer a wide selection of gourmet hot foods with everything from:
- Ash Rotisserie selling delicious slow-cooked porchetta rolls made from top local produce
- homemade gnocchi from Onya Gnocchi
- moorish gourmet steamed buns with the freshest ingredients from Bao Boys.
There will also be a huge range of fresh produce and speciality artisan foods including;
- farm-fresh fruit and vegetables
- find hand-smoked meats from Backa Sydney
- homemade sauces and condiments from Tar10.
- meet the beekeeper with honey straight from the hive from the Honey Library
- taste a delicious freshly baked bagel from the famous Brooklyn Bagel Boys.
- Sweet Treats include New York-style cookies and big brownies from Thic Cookies,
- Natas and Co with their fresh Portuguese tarts
- Hudson’s Bakery with their large selection of gluten-free goodies like rocky road and peanut brittle
- artisan donut maker Berliner Bakery with their filled donuts baked and out of the oven that morning!
But wait, there’s more! There will be:
- fresh flowers as well as a huge selection of plants from Pete’s Plants
- handmade pots and vases from Davosa
- dog treats from Hair Hounds Bakery
- jewellery from Bower Bird
- candles from Red Lauren and Elegance by A
- children’s activities including a jumping castle and face painting!
“The market atmosphere is so warm and inviting, so as well as having a great shopping experience, people can feel like they are part of this great community and interact with their local small trader,” Anderson said. “We have had such great success with our Ryde Wharf market, which is on the second Sunday of each month, it is wonderful to be able to bring more markets to a nearby location.”
WENTWORTH POINT MARKET Marina Square, on Wentworth Place, Wentworth Point every 4th Sunday of the month, 8am-4pm.