Replacing the former Denistone East Bowling Club, Kings Park is a brand new neighbourhood park that offers state-of-the-art open space, a playground, seating and shelters, a multipurpose sports court and much more.
With a budget of $2.2 million, construction for Kings Park started in early February 2020. Slowing for COVID lockdown and 50 days of rain it was finally completed on the 18th September 2020, just in time for the school holidays.
Features of this awesome park include:
- A huge playground with shade sail and custom-made play features
- Multi-purpose hard court for basketball, futsal and pickleball
- Walking / pram / scooter paths
- A large sheltered area capable of accommodating 20 people
- Accessible toilet with a change-table
- Toddler equipment
- Relaxation areas for picnics and other outdoor activities
- Two tennis courts
- Extensive landscaping and new tree plantings
- Water station with dog bowl
- Chalkboards! BYO chalk!
Kings Park is located on the corner of Kings Road and Salter Cr at 24 Salter Crescent, Denistone East. Parking can be found along both streets.
Age Range: 1 – 9
Coffee close by – 1 (5-minute walk to Midway Shops)
Shade Sail – 1
Bike/scooter track – 1
Noteworthy feature/s – 1 (multipurpose court, change table in toilets)
Can host a party (bbq, tables, toilets) – 1
Gated / safe – 0.5 (not gated but safe)
TOTAL: 5.5 / 6