This recipe is an absolute winner and super easy to make! not to mention it’s perfect for freezing in portions and adding to school lunches.
It’s low sugar and can even be gluten-free. The kids will LOVE it.
Make 12 slices
- 130g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g over-ripe bananas, mashed
- 75 – 100g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 220g plain flour (spelt, wholemeal or gluten-free flour also work)
- 2tsp baking powder
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1pinch salt
- 100g yoghurt, vanilla or greek (coconut yoghurt also works)
- 2tsp natural vanilla extract
- 150g frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all wet ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients and stir through until combined.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Line a loaf tin and pour in the mixture.
- Cook for 55mins – 1 hour (or until risen and nicely browned).
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 10 minutes before lifting out onto a cooling rack.
- Eat warm or cool and store in an airtight container.