Looking for an off-leash dog park for your four-legged fur baby? We have a list of pawfect parks below.
Note: This information was taken from each of the relevant council’s websites and was correct at the time the article was published.
City of Ryde Council
Enclosed, off-leash at all times
- Blenheim Park, Blenheim Rd, North Ryde
- Denistone Park, Elston Ave, Denistone
- ELS Hall Park, Kent Rd, North Ryde
- Ryde Park, Blaxland Rd, Ryde
Fenced, off-leash at all times
- Olympic Park, corner Potts St and Margaret St, Gladesville
Off-leash at all times
- North Ryde Common, Wicks Rd, North Ryde
- Kotara Park, Abuklea Rd, Marsfield
- Santa Rosa Park, Bridge Rd, Ryde
Off-Leash when not used for organised sport
- Peel Park, Stanbury St, Gladesville
- Brush Farm Park, Lawson St, Eastwood
- Darvall Park, Chatham Rd, West Ryde
- Pidding Park, Pidding Rd, Ryde
Off-Leash: Monday – Friday, 6am – 8am and 5pm – 7pm
- Meadowbank Park, off Andrew St, Meadowbank
Find further information from City of Ryde here.
Hunters Hill Council
- Tarban Creek Reserve, East Side (Gladesville Road to Manning Road)
- Riverglade Reserve, From east of the concrete spillway which runs between the two sediment ponds in the centre of the Reserve to the eastern end of the Reserve i.e. at the pathway leading to Waruda Place
- Clarke’s Point Reserve – All day Monday – Friday and until 9:30am Saturday & Sunday.
- Gladesville Reserve, Lower – In signposted area all day Monday – Friday and until 9:30am Saturday & Sunday.
Find further information from Hunters Hill Council here.
Canada Bay Council
Designated unrestricted off-leash areas
- Battersea Park (Concord end of the park) Battersea Street, Abbotsford
- Cintra Park – Lyons Road West, Canada Bay
- Drummoyne Park (above Drummoyne Oval) Bayswater Street, Drummoyne
- Five Dock Park (fenced area near Five Dock Skatepark) Ingham Avenue, Five Dock
- Henley Park, Flavelle Street, Concord
- Kendall Reserve – Kendall Street (fenced area), Cabarita
- King George V Park – Concord Road (fenced area), Rhodes
- Lysaght Park (on Five Dock Bay) Byrne Avenue, Chiswick
- Majors Bay Reserve Nullawarra Avenue, Concord
- Powells Creek Reserve – Conway Avenue, North Strathfield
- St Georges Crescent Reserve (opposite Sailing Club) St Georges Crescent, Drummoyne
- Timbrell Park (western end, beyond the children’s play area) Henley Marine Drive, Five Dock
- Storey Park (beside RSL Bowling Club) McKinnon Avenue (off Lyons Road), Five Dock.
Designated off-leash areas before 9am and after 5pm only
- Brett Park – (the flat area) Sisters Crescent, Drummoyne
- Halliday Park – (on Hen & Chicken Bay) Udall Avenue, Five Dock
- Queen Victoria Street Reserve – Queen Victoria Street, Drummoyne
- Taplin Park – (western end near Thompson St) End of Thompson Street, Drummoyne
- McIlwaine Park – Concord Rd, Rhodes (northern end of park)
- Mill Park – Shoreline Drive, Rhodes – (north of the outdoor fitness station).
Designated off-leash area between 6am and 10pm only
- Phoenix Park – Shoreline Drive (fenced area), Rhodes.
Find further information from Canada Bay Council here.
City of Parramatta
- Barnett Park, Winston Hills
- Burlington Memorial Park, Northmead
- Cowells Lane Reserve, Ermington
- George Kendall Riverside Park (fenced area only), Ermington
- Dan Mahoney Reserve, North Parramatta
- Deakin Park, Silverwater
- Don Moore Reserve, North Rocks
- McCoy Park (Basin Only), Toongabbie
- Pierre De Coubertin Park, Newington
Find further information from City of Parramatta here.
Lane Cove Council
Off leash exercise areas
- Bob Campbell Oval, Greenwich (on open playing field areas when organised games are not in progress)
- Kingsford Smith Oval, Longueville (on open playing field areas when organised games are not in progress)
- Ronald Park, Greenwich
- Pottery Green, Lane Cove (on open playing field areas when organised games are not in progress, not including playground area)
- Tambourine Bay Reserve, Riverview (except bushland areas, not including playground area)
- Blackman Park, Lane Cove West (fully fenced Off-leash Dog Park)
- Blackman Park, Lane Cove West (on open grass playing field areas when organised games are not in progress)
- Stringybark Reserve, Lane Cove (open playing field areas only, not including playground area)
- Tantallon Oval, Lane Cove West (open playing field areas only when organised games are not in progress)
- Cunninghams Reach, Linley Point (not including playground area)
- Lloyd Rees Reserve, Northwood (not including playground area)
- Newlands Park, St Leonards (not including playground area)
- Gamma Road Reserve, Lane Cove (adjacent to Lane Cove Golf Course)
- Burns Bay Reserve, Riverview (open playing field areas only when organised games are not in progress, not including playground area)
- Helen Street Reserve, Lane Cove (not including playground area)
- Ludowici Reserve, Lane Cove West
- Shell Park, Greenwich
- Manns Point Park, Greenwich
- Turrumburra Park, Lane Cove (fully fenced Off-leash Dog Park)
Find further information from Lane Cove Council here.
Hornsby Shire Council
- Asquith Park, Rotherwood St, Asquith
- Crossroads Reserve, corner Turner and Berowra Waters Rds, Berowra Heights
- Greenway Park, Shepherds Drive, Cherrybrook
- Rofe Park, Galston Rd, Hornsby Heights
- Ruddock Park, Eucalyptus Drive ,Westleigh
- Dawson Avenue Parkland, Dawson Ave, Thornleigh
Note: Hornsby Dog Training Club has exclusive use of Rofe Park on Sunday from 12:30pm to 4:30pm. No other dogs will be allowed on the park during this time frame.
Unfenced off-leash area
- Lyne Rd Reserve, Cheltenham (not fenced)
Shared off-leash areas (not permitted during organised sports)
- Epping Oval, Norfolk Rd, Epping
- Ron Payne Reserve, Woods St, North Epping
Find further information from Hornsby Council here.