Ready Steady Go Kids is Australia’s largest multi-sport and exercise program for preschoolers (aged 1.5–6 years). We have been operating since 2004 in our quest to help all children benefit from sport and physical activity. Today, our physio-designed program is run at approximately 200+ locations across Australia.
- Our program introduces preschoolers to a variety of sports in a structured, safe, inclusive and non-competitive environment.
- Show preschoolers that sport and physical activity are fun, thus developing a lifelong passion for exercise.
- Develop and enhance age-appropriate gross motor skills, coordination and correct posture.
- Introduce and reinforce the importance of warm-up and stretching to help prevent injuries, and proper hydration.
- Teach the importance of good sportsmanship and teamwork.
- Decrease childhood obesity.
- Increase each child’s confidence.
- Prepare children for school and participation in the broader community.
Each class is run indoors for 45 minutes and we cover five sports each term (taught in two week blocks). Classes are designed to focus on a specific gross motor, hand-eye/foot-eye and/or balance activity to complement the sport component and our program structure is repeated each week so that participants become familiar and comfortable with the routine.
The sports included in the Ready Steady Go Kids program are:
Our program is structured so that we can accept enrolments throughout the term. So, if you have missed the start of a term don’t panic, we might still be able to accommodate your booking. Click here to see class availability in your area. Fees are pro-rated to include only the remaining classes for term.