Located on the western side of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park on Cowan Creek, Bobbin Head is a fantastic place for a family day out with so much on offer.
Recently, the playground has had a HUGE upgrade and it is amazing. Not only is it fully fenced, but it has loads for kids to do. The playground and facilities are excellent but we must pre-warn you that the playground has a lot of sand, so it’s best to embrace that and bring a bucket & spade plus put the kids in sandals.
Playground features include:
- Fully fenced playground
- Multiple swing sets
- Large climbing spider
- Climbing tunnel
- Huge concrete tunnels for endless imaginary play
- Walk the plank with an original ships wheel to complete the set-up
- Multiple balance beams and obstacles
- Small double slide with stairs and tunnel (designed for younger kids)
- Lots of nature-inspired interactions such as large platypus, lots of animals scattered around on the sandstone rocks for kids to find
- Multiple shade sails
- Various areas and setups to encourage imaginary play
There is also a lot to love outside the playground including:
- Cafe on site
- Lots of tables/shelters or green space with tree shade for picnics (there are also two large areas you can hire called The Station and The Pavilion)
- BBQ stations
- Positioned alongside the creek (Cockle/Cowan Creek) and Apple Tree Bay – you can walk along the edge and at low tide kids can dip their feet
- If you own a paddleboard or canoe, this is a great, calm location to use it
- Bobbin Head Marina
- Access to bushwalking tracks in addition to walking alongside the creek
Getting there and Parking
You can access Bobbin Head Playground either from Ku-Ring-Gai Chase Rd (Mt Colah side) or Bobbin Head Rd (North Turramurra side).
Entering the National Park by vehicle costs $12 per vehicle for all-day parking.
The National Park is closed overnight.