Hands up if you’ve been wanting to try out reformer pilates. That was us, when Sarah from The Blissed Out Movement asked us to come in and check out her beautiful studio in Gladesville (just behind Bunnings). Hooray! Just the push we needed!
Her gorgeous studio is decked out in greenery from the floor to the ceiling and glittered with fairy lights – it’s so pretty and zenful that you don’t even notice you’re exercising! It’s pretty much a brand new studio given Sarah only moved into this studio moments before lockdown in June 2021.
Sarah and her team of highly trained teachers are ready to help anyone from beginners to those with some yogi know-how. They offer reformer pilates, mat pilates, yoga and barre 7 days a week. We have found the 9.30am classes to be perfect for after school / daycare drop off and the evening ones are also really handy for when your partner gets home from work.
- The Blissed Out Movement studio is spread across 2 custom built rooms, starting with lockers and a seating area.
- As you move through you’ll find the reformer pilates studio with 7 reformer machines.
- Reformer machines will be set up with the necessary equipment such as balls, weights, boxes, bounce boards, magic circles, therabands and more.
- The gorgeous evergreen wall covered in fairy lights is so lovely to look at, and of course the rooms are air-conditioned.
- Don’t worry if you don’t know how to use a reformer bed (like us!), your instructor will guide you through what to do and and when to adjust the settings specific to each exercise.
- Next door is another purpose built studio decked out with full length mirrors and even a barre so you are ready to learn some ballet moves.
- There are toilets on site too and parking but we have always been happy to park on College Street and walk in.
Types of Classes
The Blissed Out Movement offers a range of classes at a range of times – you can view their timetable here. Below is break down of what they offer:
- Increased Core Strength
- Improved posture
- Enhanced Strength
- Decreased Risk of Injury
Learn more about reformer pilates here.
- Eases neck and back pain
- Tones entire body
- Increases focus and brain power
- Increased mobility
RDM Exclusive Offer
- Mention you’re from RDM and enjoy one week FREE and then sign up for just $39 a week for unlimited classes across Mat Pilates, Barre & Yoga.
- Or you can use code RDM on their website for 10% off anything such as a pack of prepaid vouchers for reformer pilates! Once on the timetable page, you can view the prices for various passes should you wish to use the RDM discount code.
If you’ve looked into dedicated studios like this then you’ll know these are AMAZING prices! 🤩 Timetable found here.
If you would like to organise a few week’s trial click here to contact Sarah to express your interest so she can help get you started or answer any questions you have.
We have been doing classes for nearly 4 weeks now and really love it Based on the subtly sore muscles we’ve been feeling, it’s obviously making an impact yet in the class you aren’t dying of exhaustion – instead you are doing controlled movements that are making a difference.
What we love is that the classes are smaller – meaning your teacher can see more of what you are doing and guide you better to get the most out of your workout. The instructors are wonderful at tailoring exercises to everyone’s skill level and injuries, and each move they teach you is purposeful and thought out with a specific reason.
In 8 reformer pilates classes we’ve attended so far, no two classes have been the same – yes there is that much variety!
We intend to continue there so perhaps we will see you there – if so, come and say hi!
THIS IS A SPONSORED ARTICLE BUT ALL THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS ARE OUR OWN.