Picture this: Balmoral beach, fish and chips, iceacream and a park play. What better way to spend a lovely day?
The Balmoral Beach playground is located at the South End of the Esplanade near Lawry Plunkett Reserve and the Mosman Oval and it’s pretty great. Here are the things we like about it:
- there is plenty of shade provided by the beautiful fig trees
- it’s fenced
- there’s loads of seating
- soft fall ground
- a great variety of play equipment
- many coffee and food options nearby
- oh and that view.
Not only are there plenty of benches and seating options both inside and outside of the playground but there are also tables for picnics. There’s also a whole beach to sit on, if you fancy.
- A huge climbing net with a few add-ons, great for older kids
- A hexagonal swing structure where all the children face each other and swing inwards – each swing has a chain across the chest, perhaps for safety
- 2 bucket swings for young children
- Cubby house with a slide and twirly fireman’s pole for younger children
- Wooden ship with a spinning steering wheel.
In terms of parking, during the week there’s plenty but it’s not the cheapest. To save on parking you could park further away up the hill as it’s not ticketed up there, however it is often hard to resist the convenience of the paid parking directly in front of the playground and beach.
Hot tip: go between the hours of 10am and 2pm on a Monday to Friday because: Traffic!!!!
Age range: 1-7
Coffee close by: 1
Great equipment: 1
Bike/scooter track: 0.5 – the footpath
Other noteworthy feature/s: 1 – the beach!
Can host a party (BBQ, tables, toilets): 0.5 (Has tables, toilets & benches but no BBQ)
Gated / safe: 1
TOTAL: 5 / 6