If you or someone you know is experiencing any form of violence, there are are number of ways to access support:
- 24 hour Domestic violence line on 1800 65 64 63
- 1800 RESPECT – call 1800 737 732
- Domestic Violence Legal Advice – free confidential legal information, advice and referrals for women in NSW with a focus on domestic violence and Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders
- Hornsby Kuringai Women’s Shelter – women only (no children)
- More services can be found here: https://sydneynorthhealthnetwork.org.au/communityhealth/domestic-violence-health-services/
Getting to the Event
City of Ryde encourages those attending the event to take public transport if possible. Macquarie Park Metro station is a 3-minute walk from the meeting point (Macquarie University School of Engineering) and buses stop right outside the meeting point. For more information visit the Transport for NSW Trip Planner.
Parking is also available at the following locations:
- Macquarie Centre (3 hours free parking)
- Macquarie University general campus carparks (rates apply)
- Wilson Parking – 22 Giffnock Avenue (rates apply)
- Elouera Reserve (free; limited parking available)
- Street parking (limited)
This event is a partnership with the City of Ryde, the Ryde Hunters Hill Domestic and Family Violence Committee and NSW Police – Ryde Police Area Command.
If you or someone you know is experiencing any form of violence, there is 24/7 free and confidential support available. Please call the DV Hotline on 1800 656 463 or 1800 RESPECT on 1800 737 732.