If you’re looking for a special weekend away with your gal pals, your mum, your family or anyone in between, we’ve done the hard yards and investigated a fabulous option for you. Set on 8 hectares of beautifully manicured landscaped gardens, it’s no wonder the Crowne Plaza Hawkesbury Valley is a go-to venue for weddings and other special celebrations. While it’s only a 45 minutes drive from Ryde, it feels like a world away and ticks all the boxes!
We were really impressed by our rooms at the Crowne Plaza. The hotel has been undergoing a renovation and we stayed in rooms that were finished in November 2020. While works were still continuing during our stay we didn’t hear any reno noise at all. They have heaps of room types – we stayed in a deluxe twin Queen but they also have King rooms, suites etc.
We loved our view as well, which overlooked the sweetest garden wedding!
If you want to push a pram to the room we recommend you ask for a ground floor room, of which there are plenty.
Ahhhhhhh the spa! We only have good things to say about this spa. We’ve since found out it’s the only Villa Thalgo Day Spa in Australia, which is pretty amazing, and amazing is how we felt after our beautiful treatments. Our only complaint is that we forgot our swimmers to enjoy the indoor, heated adults-only pool, therapeutic jet spa and steam room (for up to 2 hours pre or post treatment!).
If you’re going with your partner, they have a couples room and if you’re going with your gal pals, they have a quad room!
Do yourself favour and book in for a treatment – they offer pregnancy massages, facials, body scrubs and all kinds of other luxurious experiences.
Family Indoor heated pool + Spa + Sauna
The kids loved spending a few hours both days swimming in the indoor heated pool (separate to the Spa pool). They especially loved playing with the pool noodles that were provided. We adults had a lovely time laying on the deck chairs in the sun surrounded by manicured gardens. Pretty great.
Kids play equipment
Designed for kids aged from about 1-6 years, the kids play equipment is a great feature of the hotel and shows that it really is a family-friendly venue.
Seeing as buffet breakfast is now back on at the Crowne Plaza as of a few days ago, a bit of gym time never goes astray! It was impressively decked out but we opted for a walk with the girls instead – more on that below.
At cocktail o-clock, we headed straight to the Harvest Bar for a Margarita or two then made our way to the Harvest Restaurant for a lovely 4-course dinner. The Harvest Restaurant is also where they host a beautiful high-tea from Friday – Sunday 1pm to 4pm. It a great option for baby showers, kitchen teas, birthday catch-ups, mothers day and other special occasions. Adults are $49 and children (3-12yrs) are $25 each (bookings essential).
As for breakfast, the Buffet is BACK at the Crowne Plaza which we enjoyed at the Gazebo restaurant. The kids especially loved the pancake machine and we loved the made-to-order omelettes and eggs cooked your way!
Things to do
Located in the historic township of Windsor, set on the banks of the Hawkesbury River, there is a LOT to see and do here!
- Walking – We always love a walk while on vacay! Concierge provided us with a map for a 4.9km walk along the river. It was a really lovely pre-buffet breakfast activity and gave us the opportunity to witness and describe to the kids just how impactful the floods were to the local community.
- Visit Windsor town centre – this historic town has plenty of beautiful buildings and shops to enjoy. The lolly shop looks great!
- If you are partial to a little golf, there is an 18 hole Golf Course about a kilometre away from the hotel or you could stay within the hotel and have a hit of tennis on their tennis court.
- The Hawkesbury region hosts a number of annual events including the Bridge to Bridge Water Ski Classic, the Hawkesbury Show, Kurrajong-A-Buzz festival and more. Check what’s on during your stay.
- For a little more adventure, we recommend trail riding, Tree Tops Adventure Park and Planet X all within 20 minutes of the hotel.
- The Australiana Pioneer Village would usually be a top recommendation for a day trip with kids however it’s closed indefinitely due to severe flood damage. If and when it opens again, it’s definitely one to visit.
- The Wild Cat Conservation Centre in Wilberforce is another great option – it focuses on the preservation and conservation of wild cats of the world, including the only conservation breeding program for Cheetah in Sydney.
- A little further afeild is fruit picking @ Bilpin – check out this article we wrote earlier in the year that covers Bilpin fruit picking in great detail.
- And the list goes on! Read more here.
- Website: www.cphawkesburyvalley.com.au
- Address: 61 Hawkesbury Valley Way (Richmond Road), Windsor
THIS IS A SPONSORED POST