|When:||02/07/2020 - 03/07/2020 @ 12:00 am|
26 May – 5 July 2020
Celebrate Indigenous culture with WARAMI; a vibrant program commemorating National Sorry Day, National Reconciliation Week and NAIDOC through a series of fun, educational and interactive online activities for kids and families.
Immerse yourself in Indigenous art, music, culture, language and dance with our WARAMI offerings. All activities and programs will be live until 5 July.
National Sorry Day
26 May 2020
Read online stories from past and present Stolen Generations; find ways to support survivors, families and communities; and access educational resources.
National Reconciliation Week
27 May – 3 June
From arts and crafts to storytelling, song, dance and language, gather together online and participate in a series of activities to mark National Reconciliation Week, including:
- Through your ‘Maya (eye)’ Photo Competition – WIN!
- Yallamundi (Storytelling)
- Torres Strait Islander Education & Dance
- Welcome to Burramatta – Darug Land (Welcome & Smoking Ceremony)
4 June – 5 July
While NAIDOC celebrations have been postponed for 2020, we’re bringing our local Burramatta NAIDOC celebrations to you with a rich online program of arts, culture, music, stories and dance, including:
- Aboriginal Art, Culture & Language Sessions
- Darug ‘Nangami (Dreaming)’ Colouring eBook
- ‘Warami Mittigar’ Aboriginal Cultural Walk (27 June)
- Wiradjuri Wave Kids Art Session
- Aboriginal Dance Sessions
WARAMI Live – Burramatta NAIDOC Live Music Sessions
5 July 2020, 12pm – 2pm
Experience the best in the west with a free online concert featuring the best Indigenous artists and dance groups from Burramatta NAIDOC.