Running from 24 May – 15 June 2019, Vivid Sydney’s Lights for the Wild at Taronga Zoo is shining a light on conservation and the wonders of wildlife with a spectacular display of light sculptures.
After the animals have retired to their night quarters for the evening, the Vivid lights take centre stage! Kids will love this nighttime adventure as all their favourite zoo animals come to life in an amazing light display and will enjoy meeting a new mob of awe-inspiring sculptures including the magnificent Sumatran Tiger and her new gorgeous tiger cubs!
Along the trail, kids will learn a fascinating tale about conservation – a world where wild species make a comeback, where the wild remains wild and one day the balance is restored.
What to Expect
We think Taronga Zoo is one of the most family-friendly options of all the Vivid Sydney events. Here’s why:
- Capped ticketing and session times means crowds will be slightly smaller and you will get to enjoy each display at a leisurely pace.
- The slightly earlier start time of 5:30pm (compared to 6pm at other venues) improves your chances of getting the kids home before they turn into pumpkins.
- The Zoo is very pram friendly, with plenty of ramps and wide open spaces.
- Driving and parking is very achievable if that is a factor that’s important to you.
- It’s a great opportunity for kids to learn about the importance of conservation.
- The displays are simply gorgeous and your kids will be very entertained!
- While there is a cost involved, every ticket purchased helps to support Taronga’s work in conservation and wildlife care.
- Lights for the Wild at Taronga Zoo operates Wednesday-Sunday as well as Public Holiday Monday 10 June.
- There are TWO sessions each night: 5:30pm & 7:30pm.
COST: Adults –$26.95, Children –$19.95, kids under 4 are free. (Ticket price includes booking fee, transaction fee and GST).
- There are a limited number of American Express Sky Pass tickets available each night and if you would like to experience the Sky Safari you will need to get in early and book tickets now. You do not have to be an American Express Card Member to purchase these special tickets – you just have to be quick!
- BUY TICKETS HERE!
- Note: tickets do not include daytime entry to the Zoo but you do get 30% off the price of general admission tickets for that day. (Discount not valid with any other discounts and only available on presentation of your pre-purchased Vivid tickets at the ticket desk).
- A number of food and beverage outlets are open for a light dinner or snack (sandwiches, sausage rolls, pies, etc).
- Additional Vivid-only food and beverage pop-ups will also be open.
- Dinner sessions at The View restaurant are available to book as an add-on to your Vivid experience via Moshtix.
- The light walk will take approximately 1½ hours at a comfortable pace.
- If you are able to nab tickets for the Sky Safari, you may need a little longer.
- Taronga Zoo is very pram friendly. So much so that if you forget yours, you can hire a pram from the Zoo Shop for $15!
- The Zoo is 12 minutes from Circular Quay by ferry or a short bus trip from the city or North Sydney. Additional ferry services to Circular Quay and bus services to Spit Junction will be running from the zoo during Vivid.
- The car park is $9.00 for guests entering after 4pm.
- Vivid Sydney at Taronga Zoo will proceed rain or shine.
- Ponchos and umbrellas are available to purchase at the Zoo’s retail outlets.
For information on other Vivid Sydney precincts, check out our RDM Guide to Vivid Sydney 2019!