- At ARTICULATE: LCLSC, we have over 12 years’ experience working as a school-based Speech and Language Pathologist and working in Private Practice providing client-centred Language and Communication services to adolescents (11-16), young adults (16-18) and adults. We are currently providing Telehealth services.
- We provide accent modification, English Pronunciation and English Language training to Foreign-born professionals (We are Cambridge Certified to provide English Language Teaching to Adults)
- We work with Specific Language Impairments, ADHD, Social skills difficulties, Aspergers, mild Intellectual Disabilities, and those struggling with accessing a mainstream curriculum.
- We provide help with metalinguistic awareness skills, executive functioning skills, reading comprehension, writing, attention and listening skills, and life skills (budgeting, form filling, CV writing, and interview skills
- We provide support to students transitioning from Primary to Secondary School, to University/ TAFE students, and homeschoolers.
- We are registered with Medicare, most major Health Funds and accept NDIS clients who are self-managed and Plan Managed.
Rukiya Stein, M.A. MSPA, CPSP – Director/Speech and Language Pathologist
Hunters Hill Medical Practice has been continuously operating at various sites in the local area since 1860. We take great pride in being able to carry on this legacy of medical care in Hunters Hill and the surrounding suburbs, particularly as this area retains its wonderful community spirit.
Our practice has an emphasis on high standards of care, preventative medicine and a holistic approach to treatment. Our premises are also home to a variety of other services including specialists (eg: Paediatrics, children’s respiratory, orthopaedics amongst others) and allied health (Physiotherapy, psychology, children’s psychology, dietitian, podiatrist, audiologist) providers; all of whom work together with our general practitioners to provide patient convenience and connected care. Please visit our website hhmp.com.au for more information about the different services available.
We understand that physical and mental health conditions are the reality of daily life. Healthcare service can sometimes be fragmented, of variable quality or hard to navigate. Our mission is to provide excellent healthcare to our community through a multi-disciplinary practice having general Practice, specialists and allied health all under the one roof. We are a practice that focuses on high-quality care, integrates services, priorities continuity and believes in education.
We look forward to meeting you and your family. Please contact us if you have any questions or to make a booking.
- Phone: 9817 2080
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.hhmp.com.au
- Address: 6 Ryde Road Hunters Hill, NSW, 2110 (Carpark from Short Street)
Welcome to Dental House Gladesville. We understand that you want nothing but the best for your loved ones. Our experienced dentists, Dr Kate Aitken & Dr Amy Dempster, are driven by the same purpose.
To us, dentistry is about more than just teeth. Dentistry is a gateway to your health. It can impact on your airway, sleep, pain, growth and development, and even lead to issues like cardiovascular disease and diabetes.
That is why, at Dental House Gladesville, we are about taking a holistic, patient-focused approach to dental health so you and your family can see the results of your confident smile in your everyday lifestyle.
Our welcoming practice is equipped with the latest dental technologies. We provide preventative dental care in a friendly and caring environment, and we love to help patients who are anxious or nervous about visiting the Dentist.
Our services include general dentistry, cosmetic solutions, functional treatments, implants and orthodontic and early childhood development services.
- Experienced, compassionate and gentle Dentists
- Modern practice with the latest technology
- Thorough examinations including OPG, digital x-ray and video imaging
- Teeth Whitening
- Health Fund Rebate claims using HICAPS
- Child Dental Benefits Schedule
- Gap Free Preventative Dental for Children under 12 (conditions apply)
- Gap Free first appointment for New Patients, including check up, clean and xrays (conditions apply)
- Welcoming and relaxing environment
- Early morning, evening and weekend appointments
- On site parking
- Family appointments welcome
- Online Bookings– visit www.dentalhousegladesville.com.au
Address: 8/8 Wharf Rd, Gladesville
Phone: 9099 0800
Body in Balance Physiotherapy has been serving the Ryde community for the past 22 yrs, formerly known as Top Ryde Physiotherapy.
Albert Coleiro, the practice principal is also a local from the Ryde area. He is the most experienced and highly qualified Physiotherapist in the district.
Specialising in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy there are not many problems that he has not come across in the past.
Open long hours 9am to 9pm Monday to Friday, Sat 9am to 6pm & Sun 10am to 5pm
Putney Dental Surgery has been established since 1993 proudly providing caring, friendly and gentle dental care to the families of Ryde and surrounding areas.
Our aim is to create not only beautiful smiles but a healthy overall mouth – teeth, gums and supporting tissues. We believe patients can enjoy the physical and emotional benefits gained from smiles that look their best and function properly for a lifetime.
We strive to have a relaxed gentle atmosphere and strongly believe the patient’s comfort is an important quality of successful dentistry.
We welcome you and your family to our growing Putney dentist practice. We take time to listen and discuss any of your questions or concerns. We will then individualise a treatment plan to give you quality personalised care.
Dr Sushma Patel and associate Dr Bhumika Amin are experienced practitioners and provide a wide range of general dental services ranging from routine preventative care to more comprehensive treatment plans.
Book online at your convenience www.putneydentalsurgery.com.au
- Experienced Dentists delivering gentle care
- Prompt appointments
- Thorough examination including digital x-ray and video imaging
- Comprehensive planning & consultation
- Use of quality materials ensuring lasting outcomes
- On the spot rebate claims using HICAPS
- Dental treatment for DVA cardholders
- Caring and comfortable experience
- On time appointments – we value your time
- We have been awarded full accreditation against the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards
RWA Psychology – Family Matters is a psychology practice working with children, teens, adults, couples and families.
Proud supporters of Ryde District Mums.
RWA Psychology provides a supportive and nurturing environment where you can explore and process issues which may be troubling you. All our psychologists have exceptional therapeutic skills with strong backgrounds in treating a wide range of issues.
With a team of 9 psychologists, we are able to offer comprehensive support across the lifespan.
Rebecca Wheeler has been a clinical psychologist and Director of RWA Psychology for over 20 years. She works both directly with clients and supports her experienced team of clinicians.
Some of the Issues We Frequently Treat Are:
- Conception difficulties
- Supporting the Pregnancy Journey
- Perinatal Anxiety and Depression
- Birth Trauma
- Mother-Infant Relationships
- Bonding and Attachment
- Adjusting to Parenthood
- Perinatal Anxiety and Depression
- Perinatal Loss
- Separation Anxiety
- Anxiety and Mood Disorders
- Behavioural concerns
- Managing Emotions
- School Anxiety
- Family Stress
- Parenting Concerns
- Parent-Child Relationships
- Peer Difficulties
- Anxiety including fears, Phobias and OCD
- Depression & Other Mood Disorders
- Stress Management
- Personal Growth
- Grief and Loss
- Communication Difficulties
- Relationship Conflict
- Emotional Distance
- Intimacy Issues
- Sexual Health & Functioning
- Navigating Separation
We focus on developing an understanding of what you are going through and then work with you on practical strategies so you can manage any symptoms you may be experiencing and ultimately feel happier within yourself.
- Phone: 99801400
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.rwapsych.com.au
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/RWA-Psychology-Family-Matters
- Address: 2A Hannah St, Beecroft 2119
Are you ready to…
- Feel more in control of how you’re coping each day
- Strengthen your relationship and feel more connected to others around you
- Discover how to let go of that mama-guilt
- Stop feeling like you’re not good enough
- Learn how to stop putting pressure on yourself to ‘do better’ or ‘be better’
- Find comfort in taking time out for yourself – you deserve (need!) it
- Stop being a perfectionist
- Reduce your anxiety or stop those panic attacks
- Sleep better
- Embrace Motherhood – because it’s a whole new journey you weren’t prepared for
- Feel comfortable with yourself – inside and out
- Better understand why you expect so much from yourself or those around you
- Stop relying on caffeine, sugar, food or alcohol to help you relax or ‘feel better’
- Start to value yourself, so you can live a more meaningful life
- Discover how to feel a greater sense of calm and inner peace
- Learn evidence-based tools and strategies to re-wire your thinking and feelings into more positive ones
- Connect with your mind and body to maximise your wellbeing
- Understand why you’re feeling the way you are
- Increase your self-confidence and self-worth
- Gain clarity on what you want and need to live a happier life
Wendy is a local Mum of 2 school-aged children and a professionally registered counsellor in private practice.
Appointments can be face-to-face, over the phone, or via live video online, at a time that suits you (day or evening appointments available).
Ask for your FREE 20-minute phone consultation to find out more!
Wendy also runs a workshop titled: Becoming a Calmer & Happier Mum! …Get in touch to find out more.
From time to time, children require specialised expertise to ensure that they are happy, meeting developmental milestones and engaging within their community. Our aim is to provide families with thorough and holistic insight, advice and therapy to support the growth and development of their child and give them the best possible start to life.
We provide evidence-based speech and language support to your child in the areas of speech sounds, receptive and expressive language, using longer sentences and developing grammar, stuttering, social skills, voice, Autism and Developmental Delay.
Established in 2008 Julie has worked with families in Australia and London in clinics, homes, hospitals, schools, and preschools.
Located within Top Ryde Medical Centre 46 Blaxland Road Ryde ~ free parking at the front and back
Julie is a certified practicing Speech Pathologist and Member of Speech Pathology Association of Australia.
Qualifications: M.S.L.P (Speech Pathology), M.Inclusive Ed (Autism), B.A (Linguistics, English, Sociology) M.S.P.A
- Phone: 0421 207 868
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: www.childspeechtherapy.com.au
- Facebook www.facebook.com/RydeSpeech
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/childspeechtherapy
The Occupational Therapists at Kool Kids And Teens Therapy Service assist children and their families with Autism Spectrum, ADHD, Developmental Delays and Learning Difficulties. They have a clinic in Parramatta but also visit school in the area. They provide Comprehensive Evaluations, direct therapy/treatment either individually or in groups, school holiday camps, Sense Rugby and the Secet Agent Society.
Address: 2 Fennell St, Parramatta
Head 2 Toe Kids & Family Health is an Innovative, Multidisciplinary clinic consisting of an experienced team of Allied Health Professionals including our Occupational Therapists, Speech Therapist, Physiotherapists & Psychologist.
Our goal is to provide a holistic and overall customer focussed health service to children and their families, in the one facility. We integrate assessment & therapy for children with injuries, developmental, learning & behavioural difficulties, as well as many other conditions.
We also do women’s health and adult Physiotherapy, to meet the family’s needs.
We also have extracurricular fitness classes for primary school and high school kids, as well as ladies 18 years plus. These classes are a fun way to add some intensive activity into your or your child’s week, as well as a great way to help teach them more about their overall health and fitness. Exercises are done at their pace and slowly built up to make sure they get the most out of it.
Active Kid Vouchers are also accepted so get in touch with us to find out more or to register your child.
We are accredited Medicare and FACS providers, and are NDIS Registered so are able to accept various forms of funding.
Speak to our friendly and experienced admin team for further information, or if you have any questions or queries.
- Phone: 8894 1013
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.h2tfamilyhealth.com.au
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/head2toefamilyhealth
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/head2toe_kids_health
- Address: 55 Kirby Street, Rydalmere, NSW 2116
Sydney Psychology Centre is a family centred psychology practice located in Gladesville. We are fortunate to have a large team of Psychologists with a broad range of skills that allows us to offer a range of psychology services to children, adolescents, young adults, parents and families. Our services include perinatal mental health services, individual and group psychological therapies and complex assessment for autism, ADHD and learning difficulties.
Elizabeth is a Registered Psychologist. She holds a Master in Behavioural Science, obtained through the University of Sydney and an associate member of the Australian Psychological Society and is a provider of Medicare-funded psychological services.
Elizabeth is a specialist in Maternal Psychology and Relationship/Marriage Therapy. She has undertaken specialised training to be able to provide comprehensive treatment for parents, couples and families. Elizabeth’s specialised training enables her to provide specialist services. She has personally trained with Marriage Therapy experts Drs John and Julie Gottman at the Gottman Institute in Seattle, USA. She is a Licensed Facilitator of The Circle of Security Parenting Program and the Magic 123 & Emotion Coaching Program. She is a Champion and service provider for Perinatal Anxiety and Depression Australia (PANDA). Elizabeth also has extensive experience working with adolescents and teenagers experiencing anxiety, depression, drug and alcohol concerns, post-traumatic stress disorders, workplace stress and other general concerns.
Elizabeth’s passion for Psychology has seen her work in a number of settings including the Children’s Hospital at Westmead & Sydney Children’s Hospital, The Australian Performing Arts Grammar at Broadway, within various Universities and Government Agencies. Elizabeth now works solely in private practice in Gladesville and Neutral Bay.
Elizabeth combines a number of therapeutic approaches to suit the individual’s needs of each person. She picks and chooses from psychodynamic psychotherapy, existential psychotherapy, systems therapy, attachment theory, schema therapy, cognitive processing therapy, cognitive behaviour therapy and Gottman Method Couples Therapy.
Elizabeth is available for appointments in her private practice locations, out of hours home visits for couples, intensive weekend couples therapy, workshops, groups and retreats. She regularly presents on the topic of “Managing Perinatal Distress Through Strengthening the Couple Bond”.
Elizabeth has been working on a research project since 2014, exploring Maternal Psychology and Relationships in Parenthood.
Elizabeth lives in Gladesville with her two sons and husband, who is also trained in Couples Therapy and works with her on many of her projects.
- Phone: 0416 561 769
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Elizabeth-Neal-Relationships
- Website: www.elizabethneal.com.au
- Location: Gladesville
Pregnant? Do you often think about your pregnancy and what birth will be like? I’m sure you do but, like many women, you may not give much thought about the early days at home after you leave hospital with your new baby. This is where Jane Grant Care can help.
My lactation and postnatal services will provide you with the right support you need to help you through the first 6 weeks by offering individualised, professional midwifery care in your own home. I offer full checks of mother and newborn, breastfeeding advice and review, formula feeding advice, birth debrief and emotional support for new parents plus lots more!
No need to leave the comfort of your home to attend an after birth check-up at your birth hospital with all the added stress of getting out of the door with a newborn- I can come to you! Visits are scheduled to fit around you to help maximise your recovery. Evidence suggests that women who have support in the immediate postnatal period report higher breastfeeding rates and lower rates of postnatal depression.
I have cared for hundreds of women in the Ryde area since 2006 whilst working as a midwife and lactation specialist at Ryde Midwifery Group Practice and I have set up my own private midwifery practice so now all women can access my care.
Why not book private antenatal education sessions at a convenient time for you in your own home? Some people prefer not to attend the traditional hospital classes for a variety of personal reasons and so miss out on valuable information. My personalised sessions answer the questions that are specific to your needs so helping you make informed decisions about your pregnancy, birth and beyond. 1 or 2 sessions are recommended and each session lasts 2 hours. The cost for each session is $200.
Qualifications: UK trained Registered Nurse and Midwife for over 35 years, AHPRA Endorsed midwife meaning women can access Medicare rebates, Lactation Specialist, fully insured.
Please contact me anytime for a chat and more information. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Phone: 0473 572 441
WiSE offers immediate medical care when an accident or emergency requires more than a GP visit, but is considered non-life threatening or unlikely to require admission to hospital.
We anticipate that the privately operated facility, which will operate 10am-10pm, 7 days a week, will become a valued addition to the community based acute care. Staffed only by Emergency Specialists, WiSE also offers Radiology, Pathology and acute follow specialist clinics.
With increasing pressure on the public emergency health system and approximately 70 per cent of presentations to Emergency Departments in NSW not resulting in hospital admission, there exists a clear need for self-contained, community-based specialist emergency medical care. As such, WiSE has been established by Emergency Specialists with an interest in the delivery of emergency medicine outside the hospital environment.
WiSE Specialist Emergency Clinic provides immediate specialist care for but not limited to:
- Minor falls/trips
- Complication lacerations Suspected fractures
- Sporting injuries
- Problems in early pregnancy Fevers – adult and child Cellulitis
- Atypical chest pains
- Suspected DVT/PE
- Workplace injuries
- Vomiting and diarrhoea
- Dental emergencies
- Intractable migraines/headache Mild asthma
The WiSE Clinic will provide initial assessment and treatment of a broad range of medical conditions and injuries, some of which may require admission to hospital or referral to another specialist. In these instances, WiSE doctors will work with local hospitals, ambulance services and/or specialists to optimise patient outcomes. Additionally, health care providers can be assured that patients referred to WiSE for specialist emergency medical care will be rapidly seen by a senior specialist, and the referring doctor will be provided with a comprehensive report on the clinical outcome.
Are you in need of an experienced NDIS Disability to help you care for a friend or family member?
Ryde local Renee has over 10 years experience working with people with who have autism, physical and intellectual disabilities, Epilepsy and more.
Renee helps clients with getting out and about, managing their medicines, using public transport, appointments, errands, and any other activities they require assistance for.
Clients love her kind and patient manner and feel confident in and comfortable with her from the start.
Qualifications: Current first aid certificate, Epilepsy training, Auslan certificate and insurance.
Rates charged per 2019/2020 NDIS price guide.
Contact Renee on 0410 910 851 for a chat!
Mindwealth Psychology is a clinical psychology practice in Putney providing psychological assessment and treatment.
Daniela Ho Tan is the principal clinical psychologist and holds a Bachelor of Psychology (Honours Class 1) from the University of New South Wales and a Master of Clinical Psychology (Honours Class 1) from the University of Western Sydney. Daniela is passionate about helping people develop a more profound understanding of their life experiences and to be able to move forward in their lives. Daniela works with clients from adolescence to adulthood ranging from an individual capacity to families and couples. Her areas of speciality include but are not limited to:
- Depression & mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders (social anxiety, panic, OCD)
- Eating disorders & body image concerns
- Relationship problems
- Emotion dysregulation
- Career/School difficulties
- Personality disorders
- Grief and loss
- Attachment issues
Daniela is happy to discuss your needs and concerns via a complimentary 15-minute phone consult.