This spotlight is on a business we have a few years of history with…! We’re showcasing the Jiu Jitsu academy our very own RDM junior Miss Holly (6) has been attending since the beginning of 2020 – SJJA Jiu Jitsu Academy, Gladesville.
With programs 6 days a week for children 3 – 15 years old and also for adults, the whole family can learn this awesome art form.
How does it work?
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is known as the ‘Gentle Art’. Kids are taught take-downs, escapes, and positional grappling. All techniques are strictly supervised for safety. This grappling based martial art shows students how to defend themselves safely without the use of striking or punching.
A typical 45-minute class includes:
- Warm-ups and games: Jiu-Jitsu inspired movements and drills to help them warm up and prepare the body for training.
- Techniques: both standing and ground grappling techniques essential for self-defense. These include takedowns, sweeps, escapes, and submission holds.
- Drilling: practising the techniques with increasing resistance from their training partner.
- Sparring: carefully supervised grappling, with no strikes involved.
What we love about SJJA Gladesville
- SJJA is clean, bright, spacious and BREEZY – the 2 big roller doors are always open all the way. See our photos, which speak 1000 words!
- The waiting area is fantastic – it’s spacious and comfortable, not just for children but for parents too. You might even say it’s luxurious compared to some of the waiting areas we’ve been in lately..
- There is a kids play area with functioning toys 👏🏻
- The venue has 2 toilets and 2 change rooms.
- Owner Richard is very involved and the kids love him. He’s there nearly every day and somehow manages to remember the name of every child, every parent, and every sibling!
- The instructor to students ratio is fantastic – there are sometimes 5 instructors on the mat giving very individualised attention to each child.
- All instructors are highly skilled and professional.
- The firm-but-fair rules at Jui Jitsu are a great lesson for students both during training and in everyday life.
- We chose Jiu-Jitsu because it’s great for disciple, strength, confidence, self-defense.
SJJA Gladesville is located at 39a College Street, Gladesville behind Bunnings and they’re doing FREE trials so feel free to get in contact to book your trial class!
Address: 39a College St, Gladesville (behind Bunnings)
THIS IS A SPONSORED ARTICLE BUT ALL THOUGHTS EXPRESSED ARE OWN