Watts Park, although small, is one playground that is definitely worth a visit if you are in the neighbourhood. Two of our favourite things about it:
- You can grab a coffee across the road at Romolettos Deli Cafe (amongst other food and drink!)
- There is a fence that runs across 95% of the front of the park (excluding an opening for entering and leaving the park)
This park was recently renovated by City of Ryde so it is in great condition and has some nice shade thanks to the mature trees that surround it. The park tucks neatly into its surrounds on a relatively small block and it doesn’t seem to ever get too busy.
The playground features:
- swings (baby swing & normal swing)
- cubby house
- double slide
- noughts & crosses
- climbing/fireman’s pole
- a pathway around the perimeter of the playground that could be used for a bit of scootering!
- table and chairs for a snack break or sandstone bricks for sitting or walking along!
Watts Park is located on Watts Road, Ryde. Parking is along Watts Road. The nearest cross street is Ronald Ave and North Road.
Age range: 2 – 8
Coffee close by: 1 (across the road at Romoletto’s)
Shade sails: 0.5 (good tree coverage from mature trees)
Bike/scooter track: 0.5 (pathways around the playground perimeter which can be used for scootering)
Noteworthy feature/s: 0
Can host a party (BBQ, tables, toilets): 0
Gated / safe: 1 – 95% fenced
Check out more park spotlights here!