Running from 26 May–17 June, Vivid Sydney’s Lights for the Wild at Taronga Zoo is back for a second year and once again it won’t disappoint! After the animals have retired to their night quarters for the evening, the Vivid lights take centre stage! The kids will love this night time adventure as all their favourite zoo animals come to life in an amazing light display.
A fully interactive and immersive event
As you enter the Zoo there is a light display projected against the original zoo building that will stop you in your tracks. Upon entry you will be given a map to help you navigate the interactive and immersive event. Become part of the experience and interact with the light sculptures like never before with a state-of-the-art wristband that lets you become a light for the wild.
Alongside the festival favourites from last year’s show, Lights for the Wild 2017 will introduce you to a whole new cast of characters and surprises.
Meet the magnificent Sumatran Tiger, the vividly coloured Marine Turtle, a swarm of tiny buzzing bees and a giant interactive Port Jackson Shark that will literally swallow you whole —plus a whole cast of other captivating creatures that will sparkle in the night.
- Being the family friendly place that the Zoo is, prams can be hired for $15 from the Zoo Shop in the top Plaza (don’t worry, there is a pram parking station while you ride the gondola)
- Some of the food and beverage outlets are open for a light dinner or snack (sandwiches, sausage rolls, pies, etc)
- There are two session times: 5.30pm-7.30pm and 7.30pm-9.30pm (last entry is 8.30pm)
- Vivid Sydney at Taronga Zoo will proceed rain or shine
- Entry to Vivid Taronga is via the main entrance on Bradley’s Head Road
- $21.95 Adult, $16.95 Child (4-15 years) & Concession. Children under 4 years of age are free. *Booking fee not included
- Tickets are limited each evening, so it is recommended that you pre-purchase your tickets online to avoid disappointment.
- Parking is $9 for the event
And because you are dying to see our Vivid selfie, here you go. It’s Jac & Jess having a ball while the kids do happy laps of the displays. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #vividtaronga!