It’s that time of year again! We love the Vivid lights and our kids do too. If you want to get in on the action but don’t want to travel too far, you won’t be disappointed by Vivid Sydney at Chatswood! Here is what you can expect:
The world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas returns to Chatswood on 26 May! Vivid Sydney will transform the Chatswood CBD into a funky, retro-futuristic smart city inspired by 19th century steampunk.
Vivid Sydney at Chatswood’s family friendly offerings make it a great option for festival goers who want to attend with the whole family. The event features:
- Light Bounce – this special daytime installation at Chatswood Chase will welcome the youngest of Vivid goers with a fun daytime experience. Visitors small and tall will be immersed in the light of a forest of totems adorned with colourful patterns and reflections. The installation is open during centre trading hours (9.30am – 5.30pm Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday and until 9pm on Thursdays; and 9am to 5pm on Weekends), with the best parking to see the installation on level one or two of the Chatswood Chase car park.
- night time installations open from the earlier time of 5.30pm
- robotics and lantern making workshops
- plenty of easily accessible, interactive installations and dining options.
For further event information click here.
Vivid Sydney Chatswood will be on daily from 5.30pm to 10.30pm until 17th June.
What’s New in 2017
Here are some sneak peak visual mock-ups of some of the set ups:
How to get there/parking:
- Catch the train from Epping, Macquarie University, Macquarie Park or North Ryde stations
- Chatswood Chase, Westfield and Mandarin Centre car parks – first three hours free