$245. That’s how much we reckon you need to “do” the Easter Show as a family of 4 on a budget. That includes tickets, transport, show bags, rides and food. Don’t believe us? Let’s crunch the numbers:
- Tickets – buy early bird tickets online for $99.50
- Get public transport – it’s free with the ticket!
- Rides tickets- $22 x2 for 20 coupons (buy at the show)
- Show bags – $80 (2-4 show bags per child)
- Food – BYO and maybe buy a treat – $20
Let’s go into detail..
- The early bird Family Pass is $99.50 until 22nd March so get in quick and buy your tickets now
- If you don’t mind going after 4pm twilight tickets are $31 for adults and $10 for children
- The last day of the show is known as Kids Day and tickets are only $12.50 instead of $24
- The cost of public transport is included in your ticket price and all the information as to bus and train routes can be found here
- If you are driving, it’s best to pre-book your parking to ensure you don’t miss out. This Easter Show, try ‘Share with Oscar’ which offers car park rental (like Airbnb) for schools, homes and apartments. Download the ‘Share with Oscar’ app, search for ‘Olympic Park’ and the date & time you’ll be heading to the show. You can pre-book a private parking space that is an easy walking distance to the show for just $20. That’s $5 cheaper than Sydney Olympic Park parking stations!
- Taxis will be available on Herb Elliott Ave (near Australia Ave) during the day until 5pm and then on Murray Rose Ave (near the Coca-Cola Carnival gate) from 5pm until 11pm.
- Good news – once you walk through the gates most of the entertainment is free! From arts & crafts to patting farmyard animals, displays of milking cows or shearing sheep and competitions such as wood chopping and horse riding – there is HEAPS to see and do.
- Kid’s will love the animal walk, the farmyard nursery and the Woolworths Dome
- Download the free Easter Show App to get the latest on what’s on each day (and where the closest toilets are!)
- $22 will get you 20 coupons
- Most rides in the kid’s carnival are 4 to 8 coupons e.g. the Big Slide is 3 coupons, pony rides are 8 coupons, the swings and carousel are 4 coupons
- Somes ride won’t require adult accompaniment and some rides will be free for adults to accompany- look for those ones!
- Pack lunch and drinks! Yes, a bit obvious 🙂
- There are free water refill stations throughout the show
- For a bargain lunch, there’s a food truck near the kid’s carnival, and another inside the Woolworths Fresh Food Dome that sells cheese toasties for $2 and a 300ml Moove for $3 – winning!
- As a guide, a bag of fairy floss is $5, a cup of Lemonade is $5, Cheese on a Stick is $5, a bottle of water is $5 and soft drink is $5.50.
Research show bags in advance to see if you can get a step ahead when it comes to negotiating with the kids. Here is the show bag guide – you can filter by kids bags.
Before you enter the show, explain to the kids exactly how the day will run, how many show bags you’re willing to buy, whether or not they can have fairy floss etc. Maybe they can decide between a treat and a balloon or another version of Easter show temptation. Be upfront and stick to your guns, kindly of course!