Gymbaroo contacted us recently to ask if we would be willing to attend some complimentary classes and write our experience. So we did and it was great BUT what I didn’t expect, due to our already busy schedule, is that it would result in me buying a term pass to Term 2!
What we did
- The lesson starts with a good morning song, and getting the body ready with stretches, songs and massage. Bec attended the Wombats class and said that even the wriggly toddlers enjoyed pausing for a minute to relax.
- Each week the class has a theme, so the next part of the class involves activities, songs and games exploring the theme. The babies and kids are encouraged to be as hands on and interactive as they like. As kids get older, they are encouraged to bring an item relating to the theme to share with their class.
- The second half of class is free play in the amazing play set up which changes format regularly. For Bec, whose son is an avid climber, she loved that for that set time, Teddy could roam and climb freely on age appropriate equipment without too much concern that he could hurt himself. If babies mouth any of the toys, its no hassle, everything goes into a bucket for washing.
- Finally, everyone comes back into the room for parachute and a good bye song.
There were a few things about it that got me hooked – here’s what I think they were:
- Firstly, Holly (1 & 3/4 years old) loved it. That’s always a good start. She was totally into the music, the actions, the sensory activities and was drawn to join in from the very beginning.
- I enjoyed the one-on-one time with Holly, especially as she is the second child who usually just has to fit in with the rest of the family (builds character though, right?), so I felt it was important to have some time where it’s all about her.
- The class got me focussing on Holly’s fine and gross motor skills that I otherwise may not dedicate specific time to – it felt great to be intentional about it for a full hour. It definitely gives you the sense that you’re doing good things for your child’s development.
- To tell you the truth it was like being in an episode of Playschool! Holly loves watching Playschool so it was a no brainer that she enjoyed doing the activities, songs, and games in real life.
- The instructor was very friendly and smiley and her passion was obvious. It carried through to the attendees and made the class that much more enjoyable.
- I noticed there were quite a few grandparents there with their grandchildren at the sessions I attended – what a great idea! ;p
It’s funny because I took my first to Gymbaroo for a few terms when she was a baby and hadn’t gone again as life got in the way so I’m glad Gymbaroo reached out and brought me ‘back in to the fold’!
Your Chance to WIN!
Now for your chance to win a FULL TERM (10 weeks) at Gymbaroo RYDE or RYDALMERE valued at $230. Simply fill out the form below and we’ll announce the winner on the 11th May 2017. Competition closes Wednesday 10th May 2017.