by Jessica Matthews
This week I was lucky enough to be invited to the new Laser Clinics Australia Top Ryde to trial a few services they have on offer. What a treat. Owned by husband and wife duo, Jaclyn & Brock, it’s located inside Top Ryde City Shopping Centre on level LG2 (opposite Kmart & the small sushi bar). They also own Laser Clinics Australia at Drummoyne so you can rest assured you are in very experienced hands when you visit.
During my visit, I found their team to be very professional (even with those awkward laser hair removal areas, you know.. “down there”), super friendly and offer really great advice and recommendations. My consultant’s name was Shadi and she was LOVELY!
So what did I have done? I have had laser hair removal before but when I visited Laser Clinics Australia Top Ryde I tried something new. I was lucky enough to enjoy:
- Consultation with their Cosmedic Specialist Ayesha to discuss all things injectable!
- Laser hair removal for Brazilian, underarms and lower leg
- Custom 5-step Microdermabrasion and LED light therapy treatment (this was tailored to my skin, my skin concerns and skin goals)
Microdermabrasion and LED light therapy
Let’s talk about the microdermabrasion because the first thing I wanted to know was “does it hurt!?”. Shadi, my therapist, assured me it wouldn’t and she wasn’t lying – it’s basically like a facial, I really enjoyed it! Not to mention for at least 4 days after my treatment, my skin still felt like silk and was nice and clear! She also cleaned out my pores out which hurt a little but I loved the result and would definitely have this done again. This simple diagram by Laser Clinics Australia summarises the microdermabrasion process:
The LED treatment that followed basically involved a warm light a warm light being applied to my skin. It was so lovely that I actually started to fall asleep! The light works to deeply penetrate skin cells, triggering the lymphatic system which improves the removal of toxins from the treated area as well as increase wound healing, collagen induction, skin hydration and the overall health of the skin. That part lasted about 15 minutes.
Laser Hair Removal
In case you didn’t already know, laser works by directing concentrated light into the hair follicle inhibiting the hair’s ability to grow without disrupting or damaging the skin’s surface. Laser Clinics Australia’s lasers are safe enough to be used on any part of the body and target different skin types but still with great results. They use candela which is the most effective form of laser hair removal.
As for those don’t know what a Brazilian treatment is, it’s about addressing your hair “down there” – ALL OF IT! It can definitely feel awkward have a treatment like that done but the ladies made me feel very comfortable and their professionalism was second to none! And don’t worry ladies – you can also elect to bypass some areas if you prefer!
In regards to the pain factor, which is definitely what all first timers want to know about, I have to say it varies. Some parts don’t hurt at all, whereas other areas can sting a bit. I’ve found however, it hurts LESS than waxing overall, especially for the Brazilian area AND the results are working towards permanent hair removal! Also, if you have sensitive skin like me, I find laser is much kinder to my skin than waxing. If you are nervous, start with something easy like an underarm or lip. They are low-cost entry points and small areas!
After my treatment, I was given a sheet with tips and recommendations for the days/weeks following, including a recommendation to use Laser Aid by Skinstitut, which is available for purchase in their store. By using this I found I had ZERO issues with my skin, and had no sensitivity, lumps or bumps where the laser had been done.
Some top tips and FAQs for laser
- Even dark skin tones and light brown hair can be treated with laser. They will assess your skin colour to ensure they book you in the correct machine.
- Ensure you haven’t recently applied any fake tan or have a tan from the sun in the areas you’re wanting treated within 2 weeks leading up to your appointment.
- You must shave the area the day before you come in or the effectiveness of the laser will be reduced.
- Further 10% off all promotional prices for Laser Hair Removal and Skin treatments (excluding add-ons and full body treatments)
- 25% off all non-promotional prices for Laser Hair Removal and Skin treatments (excluding add-ons and full body treatments)
- Complimentary LED treatment after having a complimentary consultation with the Cosmetic Specialist (LED value $69)
Simply mention that you’re a Ryde District Mum and they will roll out that red carpet for you 😉
While my treatment was complimentary, the thoughts and feelings in this article are entirely my own opinion.