by Jacqui Owens
We’ve all heard of Just Cuts hair salon – after all, they’ve been around for over 27 years and have over 200 salons in Australia. But did you know that they’ve just opened at Macquarie Centre? They’re located on Level 1 in front of Target (in a “kiosk”, as they are known) and they have a cracking deal on at the moment that finishes on the 24th May! More on that later…
Last week I was invited by the Salon to pay them a visit and to test their service. Things have changed from my memory of the salon as a teen! The fit-out of the store is bright and trendy and people of all ages and ranges were seated having cuts. Their focus is on quality style cuts from experienced hairdressers and they proudly publicise that every one of their stylists is a fully qualified professional, trained in the latest hairdressing trends and techniques.
On my visit, I had a wash, cut & blow-dry by the lovely owner Neva (who owns 3 other Just Cuts in Chatswood, Chatswood Chase and Gordon – go girl!!). For the wash, Neva used Just Cuts exclusive products from their Justice range – their shampoo, conditioner and treatment (head massage included – dreamy!). I then had a cut and a blow dry and walked out feeling a million dollars!
Some things I loved about the service:
- They don’t take appointments and wait times are quick. Just walk in and if there is a wait they can take your number while you take 5 in the shopping centre. This is especially perfect for children, who as we all know have no regard for appointment times!
- They offer $6 fringe cuts for kids – I can think of many mums who will love this!
- They offer iPads for kids showing “PJ Masks” (find me a child that doesn’t love PJ masks)
- Kids can have a balloon and stickers on the way out (despite how much they might have wailed ;p)
- Adults cuts, no matter the style are always $32*
- Kids, teens and seniors cuts are between $20-$28
Now for the deal I was talking about earlier – Until May 24th, Just Cuts Macquarie is offering $19.95 Style Cuts™ cuts to all clients, normally priced at $32.* Fab deal, no?
So if you haven’t already, give Just Cuts a try – they even have a 7-day guarantee on all cuts. If you’re not completely delighted, bring your receipt back to any Just Cuts salon within a week and they will happily take care of you.