This week our Macquarie Centre #partnership saw us visiting Elite Supps (on level 3 near Coles and next to Inlakesh) to check out what they have on offer, and particularly what they have that would be beneficial to Ryde District Mums.
We were served by Kevin and Rob and LOVED their passion, enthusiasm and knowledge. It’s clear they live and breathe their industry! We found out that Elite Supps has 30 sites across Australia and is still family-run and owned.
We must admit we thought that store was aimed more at men but we were pleasantly surprised to find out that most of their product is made with women in mind! They have products for women who are:
- working out
- NOT working out 🙋♀️
- looking for meal supplements or meal replacements
- looking to lose OR gain weight
- have tried supplement/protein shakes in the past and haven’t liked the flavour – they have dozens and dozens of flavours to choose from, all of which Kevin has personally tried and tested.
We also learned that many of their products aren’t just for drinking, which was a bit of a revelation for us. Even though they promise they only stock nice tasting supplements, it was fun to realise they can be taken in other ways apart from as a drink. Some ideas we love include:
- Smoothies & smoothie bowls
- Raw slices
- Mixed into cereal or porridge
- Sprinkled over coconut ice cream or sliced fruit & yoghurt
Best Supplements for Mums
We asked Kevin which supplement would be most beneficial as either a meal replacement option for busy mums or one to assist with weight loss. He said there are lots of variables and it depends on each customer. When any customer walks in the door, he asks a few questions to help him make a recommendation. Those questions are:
- Do you want to lose weight or gain weight? If so how much?
- What is your carb and caffeine intake during the day?
- What is your budget?
- Do you have any allergies?
Based on this info he will be able to guide you in exactly the right direction. Like we said – he knows his stuff!
Already know what you like and prefer a supplement not available in store? Kevin offers a pre-order service and can get in anything you want. And of course, you can also order online from their excellent website.
While there we took home two different protein powders to try. Here’s what we like about them:
Prana Power Plant Protein in Original
- Vegan protein powder
- 29.9g of protein per serve
- 158 calories per serve
- 4.2g of carbs per serve
- 1g total fat
- Tastes great with coconut water or almond milk
- As it’s the original flavour, you can mix into fruit smoothies, over frozen coconut yoghurt or into muffins, smoothie bowls or raw slices!
Maxine’s Burn Choc Fudge Brownie Fat Burning Protein For Women:
- 21g of protein per serve
- Only 96 calories per serve
- 1.1g of carbs per serve
- 0.7g total fat
- Contains natural fat burners to increase metabolism, burn stubborn fat or to maintain muscle tone
- We love it blended with coconut water
- For a dessert-style treat, add it to coconut water, 1/2 frozen banana & 1/2 scoop of low-fat ice cream! It feels like a great treat but it is much better than any chocolate smoothie you make or buy elsewhere!
- Australian made & owned
Head on into Elite Supplements to see Kevin or Matt. Mention you are from Ryde District Mums to get 20% off your first purchase + earn points on every dollar you spend. You can redeem the points for future purchases as dollars off your total spend!
- Location: Level 3 near Coles and next to Inlakesh
- Phone: 9199 8614
- Website: www.elitesupps.com.au
- Email: email@example.com