Marian Street Theatre for Young People has the largest range of affordable drama classes for young people on the North Shore, with new classes in Ryde, Eastwood and Chatswood. Established in 1969 and taught by industry experts in a variety of convenient locations, there’s a class for everyone.
So what does drama do for children and teenagers?
Confidence and creative thinking are the two main reasons parents enrol children into drama. For teenagers, many need a supportive, creative community…or they want to try being on stage!
In drama, it’s not just silly games – children work on vocality (with a specific voice module in Term 1), creative problem solving, confidence in movement and expression, and well as engaging with bigger concepts about the world surrounding them. And of course, having fun on stage.
Weekly Classes include:
- 1 class a week for 8 weeks
- Classes are between 1 – 2 hrs long, depending on age groups
- Small class sizes – classes are capped at 16 (sometimes smaller)
- Teaching Artists are industry professionals
- Focused teaching with modules worked on each term
- A number of great locations on the north shore in Gordon, Killara, North Ryde, Chatswood and Eastwood
- Easy online bookings – Creative Kids Vouchers Accepted
Trial Classes available in the first week, but many classes will sell out!
Opportunities Beyond Classes
We want to give students as many opportunities as possible – to perform in shows, have careers in the arts, to be a part of the MSTYP community, develop a life-long love for theatre, and make friends for life.
- New Students get a free MSTYP t-shirt!
- Being in the drama centre gives you invitations to numerous live and community events throughout the year. We provide a whole supportive theatre community.
👉 BOOK NOW for the new Classes in Ryde and Eastwood which start next week! 👈
- Eastwood classes are on a Tuesday for 5 – 12 years.
- North Ryde classes are on Mondays and Saturdays for 5 – 16 years.
- Find out more about the best Drama Centre in Sydney: