George Kendall Riverside Park is part of a very large reserve in Ermington along Parramatta River, with views across to Olympic Park. It’s one to keep an eye on because City of Parramatta recently announced it will undergo an upgrade to the playground facilities and the existing Tennis Courts
Having said that, there is plenty to love about as it currently stands:
- it is fully fenced (with two access points)
- it has soft fall ground
- it has beautiful water views
- there is a walking path (wide) along the river for bikes, scooters, prams etc
- there is another park for older kids a few minutes walk away (Halvorsen Park) – so after your toddler is tired and asleep in the pram you can walk to the bigger one!
The play equipment is best suited to children aged 12 months – 6 years as everything is low to the ground and easy to climb. Equipment includes:
- a cubby house with a climbing frame attached
- a ship with multiple wheels, binoculars, stairs and a slide
George Kendall Reserve is very large and although it has a lot of facilities (outlined below), they aren’t all near this particular playground.
George Kendall Reserve has many other great facilities including:
- covered picnic tables
- tennis courts (an upgrade is scheduled)
- sporting fields
- a cricket pitch
- basketball courts
The playground runs along Arista Way, which is at the bottom of Broadoaks Street. There is plenty of unmetered street parking.
Coffee close by: 0
Shade sails: 0
Bike/scooter track: 1 (outside the playground)
Noteworthy feature/s: 0
Can host a party (BBQ, tables, toilets): 0
Gated / safe: 1 (fully fenced)