North Shore’s biggest and brightest spring celebration, the Emerge Festival, is back this September and October with a huge line up of new events and activities! Hosted by Willoughby City Council, the 6-week-long annual festival will feature visual arts exhibitions, live entertainment, film and music performances, kids’ and youth events, cultural and community celebrations and more.
What’s On For Kids?
Children, teens and young people will be spoilt for choice with dozens of creative, colourful and entertaining events, workshops and activities. Highlights include:
StreetFair – the North Shore’s biggest street party
When: Saturday 7 September 10am – 4pm
Where: Chatswood Mall, Victoria Avenue
Experience performances from amazing bands on multiple stages, taste food from around the world at stalls lining up the streets, view the 1000 plus member parade, discover the interactive zone for kids and much more.
Watch the street parade from 10.30am and see over 700 people show off their costumes and dance!
- Magical Lane – a fantasy world for younger children, including unicorn rides, farm animals and a jumping castle
- Chatswood Mall – circus, cosplay, K-pop and beatboxing performances
- Rock climbing wall – Anderson Street, free
- Kidzone Stage – performances from the North Shore’s best dance schools
- StreetFair Arcade – Join the Australian Esports League and play Just Dance, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Mario Tennis Aces, Tekken 7 or Asphalt 9 on your mobile with Gameloft.
- Zen hub – yoga and guided meditation area
- International food stalls – enjoy a range of delicious food from around the world.
When: 28 September-13 October
Where: The Concourse, Chatswood
- Fun day – Thursday 3 October, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm: Parents can kick back and relax these school holidays while the children are entertained in a special kids zone at The Concourse, Chatswood. A series of drop-in workshops including slime making, circus skills, Bollywood moves, taekwondo, Jiu-Jitsu and breakdancing.
- Silent Disco – 4 October 6-9pm
- NIDA Holiday Classes – 30 September to 11 October
- Possum ‘scoop a poop Citizen Science Workshop – 30 September 6-7:30pm
- Holiday Lego Fun – Machines – 3 October 4-5pm
- Dad’s Read: The Very Hungry Caterpillar – 10 October 6-7pm
When: 9am – 3pm Saturday 24 November
Where: OH Reid Memorial Oval, Reid Drive, Chatswood West
- Activities for pets and their human companions.
- From doggy fashion parades to pet workshops, there’s plenty to do with your animal friend.
- Cost – free.
See the full list of events and find out more at www.emergefestival.com.au