North Shore’s Biggest and Brightest Spring Celebration, the Emerge Festival, is back this September and October with a huge line up of new events and activities! Hosted by Willoughby City Council, the month-long annual festival will feature visual arts exhibitions, live entertainment, film and music performances, kids’ and youth events, cultural and community celebrations and more.
Starting with the street parade from 10.30am on Saturday 1st September, hundreds of members from community groups will dance and sing their way through the Chatswood CBD down Anderson Street and Victoria Avenue past The Concourse, finishing near Chatswood Chase. The parade signals the start of the street fair (10am– 4pm), which will be a huge day of activities, demonstrations, food and fun!
Street Fair Highlights (Saturday 1st September):
- Magical Lane – a fantasy world for little ones, including unicorn rides, farm animals, jumping castle and face painting (Anderson Street)
- Kidzone – gymnastics, dance, hip-hop shows and all that’s in for tweens
- The Concourse – circus, kung fu workshop, hip-hop workshop, cheerleading workshops
- Willoughby’s Got Talent – the best concert and school bands from the North Shore.
- Spring Vibes – DJs spinning tunes at the station level of Chatswood Interchange, the ultimate chill-out zone.
- Esports Stage – gaming central for beginners and the most dedicated gaming and CosPlay enthusiasts
- Asian Inspirations Stage – cook up a storm with demonstrations from top chefs
- Market stalls selling locally made arts and crafts and gourmet world foods.
- Chatswood Chase – Cherry Blossom Garden
Other Kid Friendly Festival Highlights:
- Festival Oasis, 3-5th October, 11am – late. Perfect for tweens, children, families and with loads of school holiday activities. Go backstage at The Concourse for free dance classes, dig into DIY workshops – slime making, dream catcher and tie-dying. Parents can relax in The Concourse restaurants while the kids are entertained. Free family movies each night from 5pm, a perfect place for a picnic, grabbing something delicious from the Concourse restaurant.
- Babe, movie screening accompanied by the Willoughby Symphony Orchestra – 2nd September, The Concourse
- The Gruffalo, live on stage – 9-12th September, The Concourse
- Pre-Schoolers Bush Scrambles – 12th September, 10 – 11:30am at Muston Park, Chatswood
- Jeral Puppets, Three Little Pigs – 25th, 28th & 30th September, 10:30 – 11:30am at The Puppeteria Theatre, Castle Cove
See the full list of events and find out more at www.emergefestival.com.au