I am a teacher and MSL (Multisensory Structured Language) Educational Specialist who provides teaching sessions for children. Students will be taught explicitly using a structured phonics approach that uses multiple senses simultaneously to teach reading, writing and spelling. Intensive instruction in phonemic awareness, phonics, reading fluency, vocabulary, and reading comprehension strategies are covered in a systematic way.
School readiness, one-to-one weekly and holiday sessions are available. Suitable for all children having difficulties with learning to read and spell. Our approach is evidence-basedd and is excellent for children with Dyslexia and also ESL.
Contact: Sacha Tabley
Mobile: 0405 342 496
At our BJJ school, we believe in changing lives through Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Martial Arts. You will learn simple and effective self-defence techniques, train in functional fitness, and make life-long friendships. Our fully dedicated school also offers a wide range of programs, private training and yoga.
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a grappling style focussing on throws and ground techniques. There is no striking which enables students of all ages to practise the style in a live environment with a considerably lower chance of injury. Kids of all ages enjoy wrestling and grappling and our games enable kids to have fun whilst learning how to deal with contact situations.
Our purpose built facility in Gladesville offers classes six days a week starting from kids ages 3-4 all the way through to teens and adult classes.
- Phone: 0466 389 375
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/sjjagladesville
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/sjjagladesville
- Website: www.sjjagladesville.com.au
- Address: 39a College St, Gladesville
Our passion is to provide fun-filled classes, developing creativity and co-ordination across a range of dance styles including Jazz, Tap, Ballet, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre, Lyrical, combo classes and performance teams.
Whilst focusing on technique, creativity and confidence, each class is challenging and stimulating so as to provide the opportunity for all to access and enjoy dance as much as we do!
Whether you join our family-friendly studio to build confidence or as a start to a professional career in dance, The Dance Hub is where the magic begins and we would love to be a part of your dance journey!
Classes for students aged 2 and up running in Ermington and Melrose Park.
Contact us to book a free trial!
Phone: 0424 171 649
Address: 621 Victoria Road, Ermington
- K-10 English and K-8 maths
- Face-to-face at Wentworth Point office or via Skype
- Post-graduate qualified teacher with a Bachelor of Teaching, Bachelor of Education and a Graduate Diploma in TESOL
- 18 years teaching experience in private and public schools across Sydney and London working as a classroom teacher, gifted and talented teacher, learning support teacher, ESL teacher, Multilit Reading and Reading Recovery teacher
- More than two years experience working at Educational Assessment Australia, UNSW Global, developing world-class assessment resources for NAPLAN, UNSW ICAS tests (English, Mathematics, Computer Skills) and developing an online ESL assessment tool for the Victorian Education Department.
- Writer and reviewer of global maths assessments for 3P Learning, the company behind Mathletics.
BEAM is a tutoring business in Gladesville run by a qualified teacher with over 25 years experience. It was established to provide support and a love of learning for preschoolers (4-6yrs) and Kindergarten – Year 3. BEAM provides children with the opportunity to engage in personalised learning programs based on their individual needs to become successful and confident learners. We offer a diverse range of fun and engaging activities to promote academic and social success.
- Phone: 0413 394 463
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/BEAM
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/Beamtutoring
- Website: https://www.beamtutoring.com.au/
- Location: Monash Rd, Gladesville
I Can Read Ryde is a total literacy centre for students aged 3.5-12 years and all abilities who wish to learn to read or improve their English literacy – comprehension, grammar, writing.
Our programs include:
Little Bears: Interactive lessons designed for very young children to encourage and develop their receptive and expressive language and understanding of the world through a wide variety of child-centred activities.
I Can Read Preliminary: This program is designed to develop both expressive and receptive vocabulary as well as essential pre-reading phonemic and phonological awareness skills that are necessary to learn how to read.
I Can Read: This program is a multi-sensory structured approach to reading, which uses a unique method to enable students to learn to read
quickly and easily.
Comprehension & Creative Writing: This program focuses on creative writing, spelling, reading comprehension and vocabulary development.
Advanced Language & Literacy: This program follows closely the syllabus requirements for primary school children. Targeting reading,
comprehension, grammar, punctuation, spelling, text types and public speaking.
- Phone: 9809 5372
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/icanreadryde/
- Website: www.icanreadsystem.com
Sewing with Nikki offers weekly/fortnightly classes and holiday workshops teaching children to sew.
My brand-new studio located in Ryde offers classes suitable for children from 7 years old.
Students will complete stylish projects while learning basic sewing techniques. They will learn how to modify and layout patterns, cut fabric, construct, sew using a machine and hand stitching.
Sewing with Nikki provides students with all patterns, fabric and trims to create our on-trend projects using one of our brand-new computerised Janome sewing machines.
Classes will be fun while learning a valuable life skill.
Besides the obvious benefit of being able to sew on a wayward button, hem a new pair of pants, or even craft a new gift, handwork provides your children with a creative way to:
- Develop and mature their finger dexterity and fine motor skills
- Find and build their self-confidence
- Learn copious amounts of patience
- Have a social creative outlet for meeting and gathering with friends
Term after-school classes:
- Tuesdays 4.15pm till 5.30pm
- Thursdays 4.15pm till 5.30pm
- Thursdays 7.00pm till 8.15pm
Saturday afternoon classes are held fortnightly from 2pm till 4.30pm.
4 students to 1 teacher
1.15-hour classes once a week in school term (fortnightly classes are 2.30 hours)
$330 per school term (midterm enrolments welcome, price will vary)
All patterns, fabrics & trims included in this fee.
- Phone: 0407 893 629
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/sewingwithnikki
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/sewingwithnikki
- Address: Hinkler Ave Ryde
Do you want your child to speak Mandarin?
Children have an amazing aptitude for learning a second language and it’s even easier when they are having fun! Since 2008, Mandarin Stars has been delivering immersion based Chinese language classes for children age 1- 12 years old!
The Mandarin Stars program offers:
- An engaging program that lays the foundations for future fluency in Chinese
- An immersion based program that teaches strong listening and speaking skills in Mandarin
- Language building activities such as puppet shows, role play, craft, music & movement!
- A fun introduction to Chinese characters
- The discovery of Chinese culture, festivals, Calligraphy, Tai Chi and even Kung Fu!
- Plus follow-on classes for Primary Schoolers
To book a free trial class, contact us NOW! PLUS! Mention code RydeDistrictMums to receive $10 off your first term of fees!
Parent/carer – imagine a place where you and your children play, sing, giggle, cuddle and dance together to music ~ where special memories are made every week, and powerful learning takes place to last a lifetime. Let your musical adventure begin with Kindermusik.
Centre director/family day care educator – imagine having your music curriculum taken care of by a qualified music teacher, and having extra resource to use during the week with children in your care and connect with their families, and offering an enriched program to your families. Let it begin with Kindermusik @ School.
Kindermusik is the world’s leading and most trusted music and movement program for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and young children, enjoyed by over 1.5 million families in schools and studios in 70+ countries. This is the early childhood music program that My Musical Adventure carefully handpicked for you.
At My Musical Adventure, we believe that everyone is musical and in fact, everyone is born musical. It is never too early or too late to begin your musical journey.
For the budding pianist from school age children to adult, we’ve chosen the Simply Music Piano program for you.
Classes are held at Denistone East, Eastwood, Ryde, and Gladesville
We look forward to hearing from you and helping you get started with bringing music into your child’s heart.
You can get in touch NOW via:
- Phone: 0403 452 238
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/mymusicaladventure
- Website: www.mymusicaladventure.com.au
Letterland is a proven, child friendly phonics program for teaching children valuable pre-reading skills. Our interactive classes are 45 mins and run for 9 weeks during the school term. Your child will sing songs and sit down to their own drawing and craft activity as they become familiar with the fun, engaging Letterland characters that enable preschoolers to more easily learn letters and their sounds (parental participation is not required). Letterland classes are held at 565 Mowbray Road, Lane Cove, right next door to the West Chatswood library. There is also a cafe just metres away, a playground and ample parking for parents.
Phone: 0403 501338
ActReel Dramatic Institute is a boutique acting school based in Gladesville.
Our origins stem from the passionate belief that delivering quality material tailored to the needs of students allows individuals to flourish and be inspired in all forms of acting. This coupled with progressive and dynamic teaching methods leads the student into discovering their own innate abilities through movement, voice and method. Professional Training in Stage and Screen Acting by fully accredited staff.
All teaching staff have current Working with Children Checks, First-Aid certification, certification IV in Training and Assesment and Bachelor degrees in Dramatic Arts.
- Phone: 0490 207 532 Govinda Röser (Director) & 0490 550 494 Selina Mirasaachi Röser (Admin)
- Address: 181A Ryde Rd, Gladesville
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/Actreel-Dramatic-Institute
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/actreel_dramatic_institute
- Website: www.actreel.com.au
As seen on TV! Philotimo Freestyle Jujitsu programs have been running for over 20 years specialising in Self-defence and Anti-bullying programs for primary and high school aged children.
- 4.15 – 5.00pm early years, Kindy & KS1
- 5.00 – 6.00pm KS2 and high school groups
- 7-8am early years, Kindy & KS1
- 8-9am KS2 and high school groups
WHO: primary and high school aged children
WHAT: jujitsu is fantastic for self-defence. Overcome shyness, develop fitness, make new friends, learn new skills that are more than just sport, they’re life skills.
Phone: 0444 577 608
Email: Contact Us Form
Address: Gladesville Rd Community Centre – 44 Gladesville Road, Hunters Hill
Nick’s Maths Studio at West Ryde (near Ryde Tafe) is open to students K-12 up to and including extension 2. Nick is a high-achieving student who has a contagious passion for mathematics and aims to maximise every child’s marks. Email/phone for resume & bookings.
- Phone: 8071 7633
- Address: L3-4, Top Ryde shopping centre, Devlin St & Blaxland Rd, Top Ryde NSW 2112
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SwimFirstAustralia
- Website: www.fitnessfirst.com.au/train-with-us/swim-school
Sydney Taekwondo Centre was formed by Vicki and Pino Donofrio, who have been teaching Taekwondo for over 25 years at various martial arts schools. We specialise in kids tuition and a variety group fitness classes, from Taekwondo to Boxing, and from Personal Training to all forms of Pilates. We cater for all levels of fitness, beginners to advanced.
- Address: Unit 11/33 College St, Gladesville
- Phone: 0413 715 867
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/SydneyTaekwondoCentre
- Instagram www.instagram.com/stc_and_vmax
- Website: www.sydneytaekwondocentre.com.au
A2 Tutors is a one-on-one tutoring service, in the comfort of your home! Helping students from K-12 strive to achieve their best across all subjects. Give your child a chance to be their best and enrol today!
We are a family-friendly swim school that offers a broad range of lessons from 6 months of age up to adults, as well as catering for some swimmers with special needs.
We operate our terms the same as public school terms to make it easier for our families. Everyone has the chance to take a break and refresh for the next term.
Our success is demonstrated through the high calibre of our coaches and instructors who not only strive to obtain the best out of their swimmers but to have fun in the process.
All our instructors are Austswim qualified and we pride ourselves on our teamwork, excellent teaching methods, our outstanding reputation within the community and the high level of success we have experienced within the swimming industry.
The continual support and guidance we offer our families and our staff help us to remain a swim school with a personal and caring approach while keeping our focus on water education and safety.
- Phone: 9808 7617
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.thefitnessedge.com.au
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/thefitnessedge
CRAFT NATION offer fun arts and crafts workshop for children aged 7 – 11 years old during school terms and school holidays.
The workshops aim to help children build their confidence, creative thinking, fine motor skills and learn new skills.
Focusing on tactile and sensory learning, children get to experience different arts and craft activities such as drawing, painting, sculpture making with clay and papier mache, collage, scratch and string art, sand painting and much more!
When: 1.5 hours workshops run after school every Monday, 3.30pm – 5.00pm
Cost: $25 per workshop
Venue: Eastwood Heights Public School, Lincoln St, Eastwood
When 1.5 hours workshops run every Saturday, 10.00am – 11.30am
Cost: $25 per workshop
Venue: Gladesville Library, 6 Pittwater Rd, Gladesville
School holiday workshops:
Check out https://craftnation.com.au/pages/workshops for workshop timetable and location.
To enrol, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Craft activity packs are also available to purchase for $26 from www.craftnation.com.au
- Phone: 0432 254 591
- Website: www.craftnation.com.au
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/craftnationforkids
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/craftnationforkids
- Address: Eastwood Heights Public School, Lincoln St, Eastwood
Dance Action is a unique and innovative studio with trailblazing programs for boys and girls to engage, challenge and inspire all who attend.
Dance Action’s outstanding boy’s program is delivered to over 130 boys weekly.
The Dance Action community includes a supportive and engaged parenting community, student teachers and mentors, exciting dance events, guest teachers and outstanding dance and acrobatics programs. Classes include Breakdancing, Hip Hop, Boys Technique, Jazz, Lyrical and Acrobatics with embedded core components of building confidence, resilience and positivity.
- Phone: 0412187516
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website www.danceaction.com.au
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/danceaction
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/danceaction
- Address: 1-3 Pearson Street, Gladesville
Hot Shots Tennis is a national Tennis Australia program that utilises modified courts and tennis balls to allow kids of all ages and skill level to play the game. TennisWorld North Ryde separate the kids into appropriate level groups and receive coaching from our team of professionals as well as an introduction to matchplay!
Ryde Carlile Swimming Club provides members with the opportunity to practice racing in a friendly and supportive environment to achieve their personal best. It’s also a great way to make new friends and have fun! Club races are held weekly during summer (October to March) and monthly on the last Friday of each month during winter (April – Sept).
- Address: Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre
- Email – email@example.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/rydecarlileswimmingclub
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/ryde.carlile
- Website: www.ryde.swimming.org.au
Extend Education is a newly established Mathematics extension and enrichment program designed to engage and challenge young minds to think, reason and solve problems in a fun and exciting way.
Each 10-week course has a strong emphasis on problem-solving and will teach your child skills that will be necessary beyond the classroom. Qualities like curiosity, inquiry, creativity and thinking outside the box will be the basis of each activity.
If your child is in need of a challenge and would like to meet and learn with other gifted students, then visit our website for more information www.extendeducation.com.au
- Phone: 0402 846 463
- Address: St Ives Library, 166 Mona Vale Rd, St Ives 2075
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/extendeducation.com.au
- Website: www.extendeducation.com.au
At PIEX, we develop kids today with the future in mind. We develop 21st century skills such as creativity, critical thinking, collaboration and communcation skills through our STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Maths) program.
These include coding, robotics, engineering and science after school and holiday programs.
Locations: See the full list of schools here
Established in 2010 in the heart of West Ryde, Stepaside Studios pride ourselves on delivering quality programmes in Dance Education; Our qualified teaching faculty are proud to offer up-to-date dance curriculum in a positive and inclusive environment to suit all levels and ages.
GymbaROO offers fun educational programs that have been researched for over 30 years to enhance the development of essential motor skills in children and to inform parents of the importance of early childhood development to health, learning and behaviour. The programs are led by trained teachers with specialised equipment and activities to stimulate your child’s physical, psychological and social development.
Best of all, GymbaROO is lots of fun! Children love it and parents love it! Grandparents love it too! There is nothing quite as rewarding as being actively involved in a child’s development – watch them brighten with excitement, participate with enthusiasm and help them experience the joy of learning. Children can dance, sing, climb, swing, tumble and spin their way to a healthy brain and body in readiness for later learning.
Some features of GymbaROO
- Age appropriate sessions, from 6 weeks to 5 years
• Research based programs involving both the children and their carers in a safe and fun environment
• GymbaROO trained and professionally qualified instructors
• Specialised equipment, exercise, music, dance, massage
• Weekly 45-60 minutes sessions, parent handouts and home activities.
GymbaROO will assist your child to reach their full potential. At GymbaROO you will learn lots of insights into early childhood development, and have lots of fun with this structured program that lays solid foundations for school years.
Organic, natural development is a thing of the past. “Natural development” no longer occurs in today’s modern society. Children’s key opportunity to move are now limited due to:
• Less open space to explore and move around in
• Safety/Litigation concerns
• Parks with equipment that does not spin, sway or rock
• Lack of tummy time with infants
• Children spending additional time in car seats, capsules, prams, and many baby toys that don’t allow the child to move freely
• Increased screen time – mobile phones, computers, tablets, playstations, etc
• Changes in food – more adulterated with additives and more processed
All of these hamper the development of our children.
Just ask around, GymbaROO is highly recommended by many health professionals including Paediatricians, Maternal Health Nurses, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapists, Paediatric Osteopaths and Paediatric Chiropractors.
GymbaROO is a 5 year program
The GymbaROO program is designed to assist brain development from birth through to reading and writing. It is sequential, from 6 weeks of age, right through to starting school. Occasionally parents say: ‘we have done GymbaROO’; and they have not understood that they have only completed a tiny part of the program. They have only stimulated the part of the brain that was age-appropriate at the time. It is like building a house from the foundations, and if any part of the house has gaps, there can be problems.
Website link: www.gymbaroocentral.com.au/
Eleni offers singing lessons for all levels and ages.
She travels around the area to peoples houses to teach.
Eleni has completed her Diploma of music in performance with 12 years of vocal teaching experience.
She has sung at many different venues overseas and in Australia.
Eleni enjoys teaching and helping students reach their full potential in singing.