You’ve probably never heard of Charity Creek Cascade Playground, we certainly hadn’t and neither had google maps (don’t worry we got it added)! But this playground is definitely a hidden Gem. Charity Creek Cascade Playground forms part of the Charity Creek Cascades, a series of interconnected parks that run from Top Ryde to West Ryde station. You can access the park via Shepherd St (best options as this is a less busy road for cars) or Bowden Street.
What you will find here is pretty great, and it ticks so many of our park ‘must-haves’! Here are the things we love about it:
- It has 2 large shade sails over the playground
- It has soft fall ground (hooray, no bark!)
- It’s fenced
- It has a foot path (for scooters, bikes and prams) both into and out of the park
- There is plenty of grass to kick a ball around
This park opened in the second half of 2015 so is still quite new looking. It features
- a big ring swing that can fit about 3 or so kids
- a circular rope climbing frame
- a stading spinner
- a good sized swing
- a climbing structure
This playground is a great one to bring very little children to as it has lots of open space (both soft fall ground and grass) for babies to crawl around on or for enjoying a picnic.
Check out our RDM rating after these photos!
Age range: 1-7
Coffee close by: 0
Great equipment: 1
Bike/scooter track: 1
Other noteworthy feature/s: 0
Can host a party (BBQ, tables, toilets): 0
Gated / safe: 1
TOTAL: 3 / 6
Check out more park spotlights here.