It’s a favourite Christmas activity that creates the best buzz on the street – who doesn’t love seeing Christmas lights? We’ve put together a list of the best local streets to get your fix this year.
Chauvel Street, Shumack Street and Cutler Parade – the best streets in the area with loads of houses to see plus an ice cream van to boot! Best to go on foot. Again this year, on Shumack Street children can enter the Snow Cave from 8pm and sing along to their favourite Frozen songs. Funds raised go to charity, more info here.
Stephen Avenue (off Quarry Road near Midway Shopping Centre) – also best to go on foot. This is a favourite with every house in the cul-de-sac lit up. Santa comes on Saturday nights and much of the effort has benefited research into children’s illnesses.
Gregory Street – a nice little walk with about 10 houses lit up.
Oakes Road, Lindisfarne Crescent and Watton Road.
- Sutherland Street, Lane Cove
- Yallambee Road, Riverview
- Kingslangley Road, Greenwich
- Denistone East – Rickard Street
- North Ryde – Pindari Street, Gibb Street off Kent Road and Farrington Parade
- Rydalmere – Pine Street
- West Ryde – Forsyth Street and Brush Road
- Willoughby – First, Second, Third and Fourth Avenues
- Davidson – Borgnis Street and Cambage Court
- Hornsby Heights – Sydney Road
- Berowra – Richards Close
- Mosman – Prince Albert Avenue
- Thornleigh – Oakleigh Avenue