A day out at the beach doesn’t have to mean a 45 minute drive to the Northern or Eastern Beaches. Greenwich Baths is one of the most family friendly beaches in Sydney and is just a stones throw away from Ryde. In just 20 minutes you could be kicking back in the sand enjoying a relaxing day out.
Greenwich baths is a lovely little harbour beach on the tip of Greenwich Point. It is small but stunning and absolutely worth a visit.
Some of our favourite features oft he baths include:
- amazing harbour views of the CBD, Cockatoo Island, Iron Cove and Balmain
- gentle waves thanks to its sheltered location
- padded sunlounges
- tables for lunch
- grassy knolls for picnics
- plenty of shade
- a kiosk with fish n’ chips, coffee, icecream and more.
The baths are surrounded by a shark-proof net and the whole site is fened so you can feel perfectly safe enjoying your day on the beach. There are also many toys provided for building sandcastles, and noodles and boogie boards are available to borrow too!
In terms of facilities, there are (fairly new) toilets, showers and a bubbler too. We wouldn’t necessarily say the site is pram friendly because there are some stairs required to get there, but only about 10.
- Casual entry: Adults $4.20, Concession / Child (<16y) / Student $3.20, Children under 3 – FREE
- Visiting for coffee/lunch only – FREE
- 10 Visit pass: Adult $38, Concession / Child (<16y) / Student $29
- Season Pass: Family $430, Adult $220, Concession / Child (<16y) / Student $110
Greenwich Baths is on Albert Street, Greenwich. Parking is free on the surrounding residential streets but sometimes it can be tricky to get a spot, depending on when you go. The Sailing Club is just a short walk away and also has parking spots. The site is also accessible as a walk from Wollstonecraft train station, by the 265 bus or by taking the Sydney Ferries Woolwich/Balmain ferry route to Greenwich Point which docks metres away from the Baths.
Did you know Greenwich baths offer a nippers program? Check this out for more info.
October – 8am- 5pm
November – 8am- 6pm
December – 8am- 7pm
January – 8am- 8pm
February – 8am- 7pm
March – 8am- 5pm
Overall a great day out and a must do. More info can be found here.